ASIK asked on 29 Nov 2021, 10:54 AM

hI,

i COULD NOT SAVE THE RAD Form Data database, as it got loaded from DB

ASIK
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 30 Nov 2021, 04:58 AM

Dear

Just I need to save the entered data to database! As I already loaded the existed data through entity framework and loaded in item source of rad data form 

And need to save the details to db 

Regards 
ASIK Rifai JZ

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
answered on 01 Dec 2021, 06:49 PM

Hello Asik,

The RadDataForm control provides you with UI and interface to interact with. Saving and loading from the database is an application logic that is not automatically handled by the control. To achieve your requirement, you can do the following: 

• Get your data collection or item from the database and assign it to the ItemsSource or CurrentItem property, based on your requirement. If you need to have only a single item in the data from, you can set CurrentItem. If you have multiple items and you want to navigate between them, use the ItemsSource. This is described in the Getting Started article.
  • To save the updates in the current item back to the database, you can use the EditEnded or DataFieldEditEnded event.
  • To save the newly added or removed items to the database, you can use the AddedNewItem and DeletedItem events.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,
Martin Ivanov
Progress Telerik

Love the Telerik and Kendo UI products and believe more people should try them? Invite a fellow developer to become a Progress customer and each of you can get a $50 Amazon gift voucher.

Tags
Accessibility
Asked by
ASIK
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
Share this question
or