This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadChartView Integration Value Cell Format Number

7 Answers 86 Views
PivotGrid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Stefania
Top achievements
Rank 2
Stefania asked on 02 Feb 2018, 01:38 PM
Hi,
I was trying to change the Value Cell Format like #.00 € (screenshot1.png) but it seems not working (screenshot2.png)
You can test it directly on your demo

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dilyan Traykov
Telerik team
answered on 07 Feb 2018, 10:40 AM
Hello Stefania,

Currently, the StringFormat of the aggregate description is not taken into account when displaying the chart's data item tooltips. To achieve this, you will need to create an appropriate converter for these bindings access the format string trough the data provider and parse it accordingly. Here's an example which you will need to customize to suit your particular setup:

public class MyConverter : IMultiValueConverter
{
    public object Convert(object[] values, Type targetType, object parameter, CultureInfo culture)
    {
        var item = values[1] as PivotChartItem;
        var nameX = item.NameX;
        var nameY = item.NameY;
        var fieldList = values[2] as RadPivotFieldList;
        var provider = fieldList.DataProvider;
        var settings = provider.Settings;
        var aggregateDescription = (settings.AggregateDescriptions as IEnumerable<AggregateDescriptionBase>).First() as PropertyAggregateDescription;

if (aggregateDescription != null && aggregateDescription.StringFormat != null)
        {
            return string.Format("{0:" + aggregateDescription.StringFormat.Replace("#", "0") + "}", values[0]);
        }

return values[0];
    }

public object[] ConvertBack(object value, Type[] targetTypes, object parameter, CultureInfo culture)
    {
        throw new NotImplementedException();
    }
}

<UserControl.Resources>
    <local:MyConverter x:Key="myConverter" />
    <!-- -->
</UserControl.Resources>

<telerik:RadCartesianChart.TooltipTemplate>
    <DataTemplate>
        <Grid>
            <Path Data="M-1236,-441 L-1180,-441 -1180,-424 -1228,-424 -1230.5,-420 -1233,-424 -1236,-424 z" Stretch="Fill" Fill="{telerik:Windows8Resource ResourceKey=MainBrush}" Stroke="{telerik:Windows8Resource ResourceKey=AccentBrush}" StrokeThickness="2"/>
            <StackPanel Orientation="Vertical" Margin="5,5,5,18">
                <TextBlock Text="{Binding Path=DataItem.NameY}" FontSize="11" Foreground="{telerik:Windows8Resource ResourceKey=StrongBrush}"/>
                <TextBlock Text="{Binding Path=DataItem.NameX}" FontSize="11" Foreground="{telerik:Windows8Resource ResourceKey=StrongBrush}"/>
                <TextBlock FontWeight="Bold" FontSize="11" Foreground="{telerik:Windows8Resource ResourceKey=MarkerBrush}">
                    <TextBlock.Text>
                        <MultiBinding Converter="{StaticResource myConverter}">
                            <Binding Path="DataItem.Value" />
                            <Binding Path="DataItem" />
                            <Binding Path="." Source="{x:Reference fieldList}" />
                        </MultiBinding>
                    </TextBlock.Text>
                </TextBlock>
            </StackPanel>
        </Grid>
    </DataTemplate>
</telerik:RadCartesianChart.TooltipTemplate>

I've taken the liberty of logging a new feature request in our feedback portal for such functionality. You can vote for the item to raise its priority in our backlog as well as subscribe to it to get notified about any changes in its status.

I do hope you find the aforementioned approach applicable for the time being.

Regards,
Dilyan Traykov
Progress Telerik
Want to extend the target reach of your WPF applications, leveraging iOS, Android, and UWP? Try UI for Xamarin, a suite of polished and feature-rich components for the Xamarin framework, which allow you to write beautiful native mobile apps using a single shared C# codebase.
Stefania
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 07 Feb 2018, 02:23 PM
Ok, it works, thank you. How can I gat a similar behaviour in Labels?
Dilyan Traykov
Telerik team
answered on 08 Feb 2018, 04:18 PM
Hello Stefania,

To achieve the desired effect, you can specify a template for the label definition of your series. You can do this either directly on the series or in the SeriesCreated event of the series provider if you're using one, like so:

private void ChartSeriesProvider_SeriesCreated(object sender, Controls.ChartView.ChartSeriesCreatedEventArgs e)
{
    e.Series.LabelDefinitions.Add(new Controls.ChartView.ChartSeriesLabelDefinition()
    {
        Template = this.Resources["LabelTemplate"] as DataTemplate
    });
}

If you wish to apply this template through a style, you can create an attached property for the same:

public static class ChartSeriesLabelDefinitionUtilities
{
    public static DataTemplate GetTemplate(DependencyObject obj)
    {
        return (DataTemplate) obj.GetValue(TemplateProperty);
    }

public static void SetTemplate(DependencyObject obj, DataTemplate value)
    {
        obj.SetValue(TemplateProperty, value);
    }

public static readonly DependencyProperty TemplateProperty = DependencyProperty.RegisterAttached(
        "Template",
        typeof(DataTemplate),
        typeof(ChartSeriesLabelDefinitionUtilities),
        new PropertyMetadata(null, TemplateChanged));

private static void TemplateChanged(DependencyObject target, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
    {
        CartesianSeries series = (CartesianSeries) target;
        series.LabelDefinitions.Clear();
        DataTemplate template = (DataTemplate) args.NewValue;
        if (template != null)
        {
            series.LabelDefinitions.Add(new ChartSeriesLabelDefinition() { Template = template });
        }
    }
}

The attached property can then be set like so:

<Style TargetType="telerik:BarSeries" x:Key="barCategoricalSeriesDescriptorStyle" BasedOn="{StaticResource BarSeriesStyle}">
    <Setter Property="CombineMode" Value="{Binding ElementName=CombineMode, Path=SelectedItem, Mode=TwoWay}"/>
    <Setter Property="LegendSettings">
        <Setter.Value>
            <telerik:SeriesLegendSettings Title="{Binding Name}" />
        </Setter.Value>
    </Setter>
    <Setter Property="ShowLabels" Value="True" />
    <Setter Property="helpers:ChartSeriesLabelDefinitionUtilities.Template" Value="{StaticResource LabelTemplate}" />
</Style>

Please let me know whether this would work for you. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,
Dilyan Traykov
Progress Telerik
Want to extend the target reach of your WPF applications, leveraging iOS, Android, and UWP? Try UI for Xamarin, a suite of polished and feature-rich components for the Xamarin framework, which allow you to write beautiful native mobile apps using a single shared C# codebase.
Stefania
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 09 Feb 2018, 11:38 AM

Hi,
i have used the first solution and it works.
But if i add two aggregate fields and i set format #.00 € on the first one and #.00 °C on the second one, all these two fields use the first format.
How can i fix it?

Dinko | Tech Support Engineer
Telerik team
answered on 14 Feb 2018, 11:14 AM
Hi Stefania,

Let me check this out and I will contact when I have more information about your case.

Regards,
Dinko
Progress Telerik
Dilyan Traykov
Telerik team
answered on 20 Feb 2018, 02:27 PM
Hello Stefania,

When dealing with multiple aggregate descriptions, you will need to choose the correct one base on the NameX and NameY of the current PivotChartItem. Here's an example of how this can be done:

public object Convert(object[] values, Type targetType, object parameter, CultureInfo culture)
{
    var item = values[1] as PivotChartItem;
    var nameX = item.NameX;
    var nameY = item.NameY;
    var fieldList = values[2] as RadPivotFieldList;
    var provider = fieldList.DataProvider;
    var settings = provider.Settings;
    var aggregateDescriptions = (settings.AggregateDescriptions as IEnumerable<AggregateDescriptionBase>);
    AggregateDescriptionBase aggregateDescription;

if (aggregateDescriptions.Count() > 1)
    {
        aggregateDescription = aggregateDescriptions.FirstOrDefault(x => nameX.Contains(x.DisplayName) || nameY.Contains(x.DisplayName));
    }
    else
    {
        aggregateDescription = aggregateDescriptions.FirstOrDefault();
    }

PropertyAggregateDescription propertyAggregateDescription = aggregateDescription as PropertyAggregateDescription;

if (propertyAggregateDescription != null && propertyAggregateDescription.StringFormat != null)
    {
        return string.Format("{0:" + propertyAggregateDescription.StringFormat.Replace("#", "0") + "}", values[0]);
    }

return values[0].ToString();
}

Please let me know if this works for you.

Regards,
Dilyan Traykov
Progress Telerik
Stefania
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 21 Feb 2018, 08:18 AM
Ok, it works, thank you.
Tags
PivotGrid
Asked by
Stefania
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by