I'm using Visual Studio 2015 w/Telerik R1 2017 & SQL Server 2012.
Having a strange issue when configuring a report source.
1. Under Configure data connection choose an existing (good) data connection.
2. Click next and select 'Use as Shared Connection'
3. Click next and enter my SQL statement. The first statement is an @declare. Followed by some select statements to get the data. It's a fairly simple 6-table join (works in SSMS).
4. Open the query builder. Gives message 'The Declare SQL construct or statement is not supported.' Click Ok and then Execute Query. The same records are returned as when running the query in SSMS.
5. After configuring the data source and design time parameters I get to the preview screen.
6. Click Execute Query. Get message 'The variable name @CustomerNumber' has already been declared...' It's using the same parameters as step 4.
In step #4 the SQL query runs in spite of the message 'The Declare SQL construct...'. Does this mean the query is Ok or not? If not Ok then why is data returned from the query builder? The SQL is valid in SSMS so I would expect the same to be used when in the designer. The message 'The Declare SQL construct...' is troubling as this is a normal part of SQL Server. So does the Telerik designer support the FULL implementation of SQL Server?
In step #6 the error message is misleading. The variable is only declared one time. How can I get past the error message?