Ok… I want to play with the Q3 beta because it has fixes for significant bugs in Q2 and support suggested I do so. So, I uninstall Q2 and put in Q3. Immediately, my project breaks because the namespaces and references have been altered. I have some comments and maybe you guys can supply some help.
- Is there a simple, clear document discussing how to upgrade a project from Q2 to Q3? Actually, I had really hoped given the price there would be a tool - alas, it is not to be :)
- The beta documentation lacks any discussion of how to install the controls to the toolbox. While it looks like the installer mad a valiant attempt to do so the toolbox is still littered with icons we don't need there and it is really cluttered. As a bonus point, the controls were added to the 2010 toolbox, but with similar problems.
- While we can drag / drop many controls from the toolbox onto the design surface but the RadGrid isn't one of them. For some reason what I am sure is one of the most used controls of the bunch is the one thats broken :)
- Trying to fill in the holes from the demo source code isn't much help as it looks like the DLL names and namespaces have changed.
- The demo source code included does not build, at least not in VS2008 under Win7 x64
So here are my hopes...
- That someone has a clear, concise guide on what references and so on need to change for goign Q2 -> Q3
- Some source code using the CURRENTLY shipping beta that actually builds and has a grid on it
- Word that the documentation and toolbox issues will be resovled before this ships
Thanks! I really love these controls and I just keep asking for more, I know :)