This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q3 2012 Charting on Azure

4 Answers 70 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jon asked on 11 Dec 2012, 07:53 PM
Having a problem with charts when deployed to a server on Azure.  It seems any chart put on a report will cause an error:

An error has occurred while processing Chart 'chart1': Parameter is not valid.

The chart is a completely unconfigured chart.  No data. Nothing, but it causes an error just being there.  If the chart is removed the report works properly.

The same report works locally, deployed to IIS, and testing in Azure Compute Fabric locally, but will not work when deployed to production.

The instance is configured to run framework 4.5, using the free cloud websites program. (Which should make it easy for testing)

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 13 Dec 2012, 05:32 PM
Hi Jon,

Does this problem occur in a report viewer and which report viewer (ASP.NET or Silverlight)? Should we assume by your last sentence that you're using the new Azure Web Sites and not the regular Azure cloud service? If that is the case, can you try deploying to the non web site part of Azure and see if that works for you?

Regards,
Steve
the Telerik team

HAPPY WITH REPORTING? Do you feel that it is fantastic? Or easy to use? Or better than Crystal Reports? Tell the world, and help fellow developers! Write a short review about Telerik Reporting and Telerik Report Designer in Visual Studio Gallery today!

Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Dec 2012, 05:37 PM
This is the viewer.

<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=6.2.12.1017, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be" Namespace="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms" TagPrefix="telerik" %>

<telerik:ReportViewer ID="ReportViewer1" runat="server"
        Report="CakeBoss2012.Web.Reports.OrderTypeSummaryReport, CakeBoss2012.Web, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" ShowHistoryButtons="False"  Width="100%" Height="1000px">
    </telerik:ReportViewer>

Re: Web Sites.

Yes it this is web sites, not in the cloud services area.  I'll try and figure out how to deploy to there instead to see if the viewer fails there as well.
Samuel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Jan 2013, 12:51 PM
Hello,

I have exactly same problem.
When i deploy in cloud service its works as well, but when i deploy it in websites dont work.

But i want deploy it in websites, how can i do?
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 25 Jan 2013, 10:49 AM
Hello Samuel,

According to Azure WebSites information found on their forums and some blogs, their support for GDI+ is .. well missing. You can see various problems reported for this if you search for "azure websites gdi". For the time being if you want to use Telerik Reporting in Azure (or any other reporting including their own SSRS) I would suggest sticking to the Azure cloud service.

All the best,
Steve
the Telerik team

HAPPY WITH REPORTING? Do you feel that it is fantastic? Or easy to use? Or better than Crystal Reports? Tell the world, and help fellow developers! Write a short review about Telerik Reporting and Telerik Report Designer in Visual Studio Gallery today!

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1