This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q3 2011 Public Roadmap: Timeline Beta - What is it?

3 Answers 69 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
David
Top achievements
Rank 2
David asked on 27 Sep 2011, 03:36 PM
Hi,

I've been reading the Q3 2011 Public Roadmap (http://www.telerik.com/products/wpf/whats-new/roadmap.aspx) and it mentions a new control "Timeline Beta". I'm wondering if Telerik can provide more details about this control (maybe an idea of what it will look like and function?) and when this control might be able to be tested.

I'm working on a project that is looking to visualize a sequence of events over time graphically and it sounds like this may be the ideal control for this purpose, however I would like to check whether this control provides what I require and if it would work within our development timelime.

Kind regards,
Dave.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Giuseppe
Telerik team
answered on 30 Sep 2011, 11:39 AM
Hi David,

The timeline control will enable you to visualize a sequence of events through data points. It will share some of the concepts of RadTimeBar with respect to UI, zooming, and navigation and will also support UI virtualization for the event visuals.

The control will not be available for the Q3 2011 Beta (around mid-October) -- the first public preview should be released with the official Q3 2011 release (around mid-November).

All the best,
Giuseppe
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

David
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 21 Nov 2011, 01:06 PM
Hi,

It looks like this component didn't make it into Q3 2011. Is there any news you can share regarding this component, for example, could there be an out-of-band beta release to test the functionality of the component. While I understand the timing of the next release (Q2 2012), some out-of-band release would be appreciated to work with some beta version of the component.

Kind regards,
Dave.
Giuseppe
Telerik team
answered on 22 Nov 2011, 06:06 PM
Hello David,

Indeed we must apologize for misleading you with our previous reply as we had to amend our Q3 roadmap in the last month and a half prior to the release and RadTimeline control was postponed for Q1 2012.

We will indeed have an out-of-band BETA release that will feature the new control but currently we cannot commit the exact timeframe for it (it will probably be around end of January / beginning of February 2012).

Kind regards,
Giuseppe
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
David
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Giuseppe
Telerik team
David
Top achievements
Rank 2