This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q2 2015 Build script available?

3 Answers 43 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
Matt asked on 25 Sep 2015, 08:18 PM

Hi there,

Is there a build script available to generate the reporting assemblies correctly?

I need to make some changes to the way that actions are handled within my application and have downloaded the Q2 2015 source files to make the required modifications.

However, when I build the solution, the assemblies generated do not resemble the set of assemblies I have installed.

Thanks,

Matt

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 28 Sep 2015, 08:10 AM
Hello Matt,

Reporting Software’s source code is provided “as is”, without warranty of any kind, mainly for the purposes of education and troubleshooting (debugging). We do not provide technical support for any source code that has been modified by any party other than Telerik.

We will appreciate it if you elaborate on the changes made in code.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Sep 2015, 02:57 PM

Hi Stef,

I'll gladly elaborate.  Over a year ago I made an enhancement request: http://feedback.telerik.com/Project/162/Feedback/Details/132650-allow-custom-actions-in-reports

There has seemingly been no further action on the request since it was approved.  Unfortunately we absolutely need to have this functionality and since we cannot wait indefinitely, I am going to do it myself.  I realize that it is provided "as is" but figured that there may be a build script available as is the case with the WPF code which is also provided "as is" if I'm not mistaken.

Matt

Stef
Telerik team
answered on 29 Sep 2015, 12:15 PM
Hello Matt,

Features are considered for implementation based on the demand for them, where your feature request is approved, but not planned yet.

Based on the Get values from fields in row at runtime forum thread, you need actions similar to the edit modes of grid controls. Thus my recommendation is to use a Grid control allowing you to visualize and edit data. Once data is saved and submitted to the server, you can display a report document visualizing it.

Other approach is to use the Hyperlink action and to navigate to a URL (page) allowing the user to modify the data. After coming back to the report, the end-user will have to refresh the content to see the changes (to cause the reporting engine to re-process and re-render the document).

If you decide to proceed with modifying the available source code, please check Telerik Reporting License Agreement (3.3 Source Code for the Reporting Software). Build scripts are not included in the distribution.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1