This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q2.2010 Beta documentation doesn't install

7 Answers 74 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Imran
Top achievements
Rank 1
Imran asked on 17 Jun 2010, 12:57 AM
Hi:

Somehow when I install Q2.2010 Beta Winforms it doesn't install the documentation help files.
I have installed and uninstalled nubmer of times but no help...
Is it possilbe if Telerik can provide the standalone documentation ????
Without documentation its just useless...

IK

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jun 2010, 01:48 PM
Hi Imran,

Thanks for writing.

Could you give us more details on the missing documentation? Generally, the installer installs two different help files:

• Start menu >> Telerik >> RadControls for WinForms >> Documentation
  • In Visual Studio 2005/2008. Note that our help documentation is not built for the Microsoft Help Viewer 1.0 (previously known as Help 3 Viewer), which is a part of VS2010. This help system is still in a Beta state and its final specifications are not known yet, which is the reason why our help is not available for this system.
In addition to the options mentioned above and the downloadable CHM, you can use our online help.

Sincerely yours,
Peter
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Imran
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Jun 2010, 03:20 AM
Somehow the installation program was not creating the Help direcotry in   C:\Program Files\Telerik\RadControls for WinForms Q2 2010 BETA on my machine.

I installed the Q2 on another machine and it did create the Help folder on that machine.
I took all the files in ../Help direcoty and then ran the ../Help/reg_winforms.bat and it automatically registered  the help files...and then copied the short cut Start menu >> Telerik >> RadControls for WinForms >> Documentation   from that machine.

IK
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jun 2010, 01:55 PM
Hello Imran,

The only reason for the documentation to not install is the fact that the machine does not have Microsoft Help 2 installed. This may happen only if the machine has a fresh Windows install and VS2010 only. Still, Microsoft Help 2 is pushed through Microsoft Update, Visual Studio 2005/2008, SQL, SDK, etc.

We would like to research why this has happened on your machine, and to fix it (if turns out to be a problem with our installer). Could you give us more details on your machine, namely what Microsoft products do you have installed? We are interested in:

• Visual Studio version(s)
  • SQL Server version(s)
  • SDKs

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes,
Peter
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Imran
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Jul 2010, 04:21 AM
The machine has a  fresh Windows install and VS2010 only.
Imran
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Jul 2010, 05:04 AM
I can not find the documentation of RadPageView in the API reference documentation. It just not there.
erwin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
answered on 07 Jul 2010, 06:54 AM
I guess the Docs are not updated for Beta yet, at least where I checked they still refer to the old Version of the controls.

Regards
Erwin
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jul 2010, 01:34 PM
Hello Erwin,

Indeed, the API Reference documentation of Q2 2010 Beta does not include the API of the new controls. This will be done for the official Q2 2010 due in the end of the current week.

Kind regards,
Nikolay
the Telerik team
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Imran
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Peter
Telerik team
Imran
Top achievements
Rank 1