This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q2 2008

7 Answers 109 Views
Documentation
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Nancy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Nancy asked on 31 Jul 2008, 05:45 PM
I just downloaded the Q2 2008 RadControls for WinForms and I cannot find any documentation for the RadMultiColumnCombobox.  I am not finding anyting in Documentation Help file or in the Examples.  Am I missing something?

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nikolay Dobrev
Telerik team
answered on 01 Aug 2008, 07:10 AM
Hi N Burling,

It's a new control and to be hones not quite feature-complete. It was a last minute decision to include it in Q2 2008 and that's why we had to leave it undocumented. Of course that would be only until the first service pack where we should have documentation on how to use this controls.

In the meantime don't hesitate to ask whatever questions you have on how to use the control! These will be treated with priority.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.

Best wishes,
Nikolay Dobrev
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Nancy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Aug 2008, 10:45 PM
I do have a question.  I understand about the RadMultiColumnComboBoxElement and using the EditorControl to setup a RadGridView.  But it is going to be possible to have a hierarchical RadGridView in the combobox?  
Dimitar Kapitanov
Telerik team
answered on 05 Aug 2008, 08:28 AM
Hi N Burling,

Yes we intend to provide this feature, but for the Q3 2008 release. Our goal is to expose as much features of the RadGridView as possible  through the API and functionality of RadMultiColumnComboBox. We will allow the use of grouped grid views as well.

Don't hesitate to contact us if you have other questions.

Regards,
Dimitar Kapitanov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Nancy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Aug 2008, 02:27 PM
This is great information to know - thank you!  In the meantime, is there any way to show a sort of treeview of parent and child elements in a dropdown combo?  I have a list of contractor names and they have subcontractors that I want to show and also make selectable in a dropdown combo.  Is this possible with any of your current controls?
Dimitar Kapitanov
Telerik team
answered on 05 Aug 2008, 02:57 PM
Hi N Burling,

We do have plans for developing a combo that hosts a treeview inside its popup, but this will not happen for Q2 SP1. Actually, we do not have an approved time frame for its development at the moment. It is unfortunate but currently we do not have a control that supports hierarchical views inside a combobox.

Greetings,
Dimitar Kapitanov
the Telerik team

M
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Sep 2008, 10:11 AM
hi
I was download telerik winforms & use them
the exe application run on my pc correctly
but

in another system application Dont run
What I must do to run them

(I was read doc & nothing were found)
Nick
Telerik team
answered on 23 Sep 2008, 04:35 PM
Hello M,

Thank you for your question.

Deploying your application using Telerik controls is similar to deploying any other .net application referencing dll assemblies. You have several options, but probably the easiest one is to go to the Solution Explorer, open the properties for each Telerik reference, and change the Copy Local property to true. Having done this, Telerik assemblies will be copied to your bin directory together with your exe assembly. In order to deploy your application, you will have to just copy these files to your client machines (x-copy). 

A more advanced installation mechanism is to create an installer for your project (windows installer project).

You can find detailed information on both approached in MSDN: www.msdn.com.

All the best,
Nick
the Telerik team

Tags
Documentation
Asked by
Nancy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nikolay Dobrev
Telerik team
Nancy
Top achievements
Rank 1