This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q1-2015: ReportViewer has no ReportSource property in XAML

1 Answer 75 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Heiko
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Heiko asked on 23 Mar 2015, 10:27 AM
Using the latest version of Telerik Reporting (Q1/2015) I tried to create a ReportViewer according to the example "Using Telerik Reporting in Applications - WPF Application - Manual Setup" and set the ReportSource declaratively. However there seems to be no ReportSource property in ReportViewer, at least none that I can use in XAML. I added all necessary assemblies and themes, I can see the ReportViewer in design mode, but can't set this property. What am I doing wrong?

Regards
Neils

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nasko
Telerik team
answered on 26 Mar 2015, 07:21 AM
Hello Neils,

You can set the report source of the viewer declaratively in the XAML, as demonstrated in the WpfDemo project which comes with the installation of Telerik Reporting on your machine (C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Reporting Q1 2015\Examples\CSharp\WpfDemo):
<tr:ReportViewer Grid.Row="1" x:Name="ReportViewer1" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch">
    <tr:ReportViewer.ReportSource>
        <telerikReporting:TypeReportSource TypeName="Telerik.Reporting.Examples.CSharp.ReportCatalog, CSharp.ReportLibrary" />
    </tr:ReportViewer.ReportSource>
</tr:ReportViewer>

Also the report source property can be configured using the properties window: screenshot.

Regards,
Nasko
Telerik

See What's Next in App Development. Register for TelerikNEXT.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Heiko
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Answers by
Nasko
Telerik team
Share this question