This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q1 2013 reporting version

6 Answers 115 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kassem
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kassem asked on 20 Jun 2013, 01:33 PM
Hello there,

I am new to this Telerik reporting thing and I am taking over someone who was a developer at my company.

I was trying to install an old version of Telerik but the installer could not allow me, so i ended up installing the last version Q2 2013.

However, my solution (asp.net solution was build in VS 2010 using frame work .net 3.5) and now when I go trhough the telerik upgrade wizard, it would not allow to update my references until I switch my .net solution to .net frame work 4.0. What should I do ? If i try that I get lots of warnings, should I ignore those warnings ?

Thank you

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kassem
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Jun 2013, 08:18 PM
So, I have managed to upgarde Telerik on my local to Q1 2013, and I have successuffly managed to run both crystal reports and telerik in the same project.

Now, how would this work on the server ? The current Telerik deployed version on the server is Q3 2012 Version=6.2.12.1017......,and usually I only move my solution .dll file to the server and only changes I made to my .aspx pages.

I tried to install Q1 2013 on the server but now I am getting errors when accessing the site. How do I resolve that ? I tried my best so far. Attached is my error.
Otto Neff
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 21 Jun 2013, 11:02 AM
Hi,

make sure the DLL in your BIN Folder matches exactly the Version in your Web.config and are the newest

see Attachments (you may use ILSpy to check the DLLs on Version)

Best regards, Otto
Kassem
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Jun 2013, 01:03 PM
Hi Otto,

Thank you for your response,

The thing is I dont have Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.dll in my bin, and my app is working fine localy. it is only when i move the solution.dll file into the server.

I do have

<

add assembly="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=7.0.13.426, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be" />

in my config file though.
Accepted
Otto Neff
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 21 Jun 2013, 01:58 PM
The Reporting DLLs need to be deployed to of course. Locally your VStudio Solution take em from the Program Folder of Telerik or out of the GAG. Make sure you adjust the "Copy Local" for the Reporting DLLs in the References of your Project to True... then deploy again.
Kassem
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Jun 2013, 02:10 PM
I have managed to do it :) I moved all the required .Dll to my bin folder on the server.

I had to manually chnage:

<%

@ Register Assembly="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=7.0.13.426, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be" Namespace="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms" TagPrefix="telerik" %>

at the top of my pages that uses Telerik. I dont know why they were not updated with theUpgrade Wizard.

Thank you so much :) you rock.
Otto Neff
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 21 Jun 2013, 02:39 PM
Glad it helped you! Cheers.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Kassem
Top achievements
Rank 1