This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q1 2011 Issues

2 Answers 59 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
JC
Top achievements
Rank 1
JC asked on 16 Mar 2011, 11:19 PM
I've just upgraded our application (it's a big one) to the new release Q1 2011. I was first surprised, compare to the older Telerik versions, that the compilation went well. But at runtime, this is just a nightmare: most of the screens are broken, the DataGrid is probably 10 times slower, and like the Rad toolbar, has UI issues, etc.
This has always been a time comsuming process to get the latest release working with our application: we need to dig into the code to find what is now broken, with back and forth emails with the Telerik support. It takes days. Are you using your Automatic Testing tool against the RadControls and run regression and configuration test campaigns? Is there another document than the Release readme document to explain what we should change, take care in our code?

Thanks,
JC

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 17 Mar 2011, 09:11 AM
Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you have problems with our new release. 

Indeed we have a lot of tests for every component covering various component layers including data, UI, automation, etc. to make sure that everything will work as excepted during our releases. Furthermore we have various applications (internal and public) with our components including our Testing Tools, Team Pulse, JustCode, Telerik Reporting, etc. and all these are updated to the new versions of the components every release - we are definitely trying to make sure that everything will work smoothly.

We are trying also every time to provide a Beta version before the official release in order to make sure that our customers will not hit any problems during official release upgrades. With every Beta also we provide a full release notes - you can usually check them here.

We believe also that with this release our RadGridView is now one of the fastest grids on the market (even compared to standard Silverlight DataGrid) and we didn't introduced any breaking changes in our API and/or templates.

Have you tried our Q1 2011 Beta before upgrading to our official release? I've checked your account however didn't noticed any communication related to any Beta issue.

All the best,
Vlad
the Telerik team
Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!
JC
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Mar 2011, 09:31 AM
Thanks for this.  I have raised a ticket with your support and I have already found that, at least, the RadExpander is causing a lot of drama. I am still digging though for the other issues and GPF. If it takes too much time, then we'll decide if we want to go further with this release.
You're right, we haven't tested the Beta: we don't have the time to go over all the possible beta versions we can get from third party components we are using with our products.
Regards,
JC
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
JC
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vlad
Telerik team
JC