This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q1 2010 Fails install

3 Answers 95 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Donald Hamm
Top achievements
Rank 1
Donald Hamm asked on 23 Mar 2010, 11:53 AM
When installing the latest release I get a 'failed to connect' error (attached).  I have sql 2008 installed.  I've disabled express and have chosen '(local)' as the option.  It gets to the point of 'Executing SQL Scripts' and @ that point fails. All permissions are correct for account, SQL is running (I verifyed using Management Studio), Q3 2009 installed just last week (with no issues). 

Anything I can check?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
LE DREAU Steeve
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Mar 2010, 12:03 PM
If you don't need samples, just uncheck them into the installer and it won't try to connect to your database.
Donald Hamm
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Mar 2010, 02:18 PM
Thanks Colin you are right and that is what I did, -- I only wanted the examples so I could see what changed.  Since they are online, its ok.  BUT, the fact the install failed and gave me a rather 'terse' error message still needs a resolution...

Thanks for the quick response!
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 24 Mar 2010, 06:21 PM
Hi Donald,

Sorry to say, but we're not sure how to further help you. The error is self explanatory - for some reason the installation cannot proceed due to unsuccessful connection to the SQL Server.

Please verify:

1. That the SQL Server is running - the installer looks for the SQL Server Browser, so if this process is not started, you should start it.
  2. Your windows account have correct privileges to login to the SQL Server
  3. Check the the SQL Server role of the account - should be with distinct rights to create/modify databases
  4. That your account is db_owner of the AdwentureWorks database
Also as Colin said, if you do not need the demo reports locally, you can always deselect them and the installer would not try to connect to your database.

Greetings,
Steve
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Donald Hamm
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
LE DREAU Steeve
Top achievements
Rank 1
Donald Hamm
Top achievements