This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Problem with Report Designer on Visual Studio 2015

1 Answer 125 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jairo Reyes
Top achievements
Rank 2
Jairo Reyes asked on 28 Jul 2017, 03:19 PM

Hello, im having some issues with the report designer, im developing a report that has quite a lot of graphs and everytime i try to open the report devenv.exe hangs at 99% processor usage, and i know its because the graph previews, is there any way to disable the previews? or can you give me some workaround?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Katia
Telerik team
answered on 02 Aug 2017, 11:31 AM
Hello Jairo,

In case data sources of Graph items contain significant amount of data it might take additional time for the preview of the Graph to be generated. Machine characteristics will be of high importance in this case - check Performance Considerations.

When the DataSource property of the Graph item is set, the Report Designer will try to generate the preview of the chart. If you want to avoid that you can reset the Graph's DataSource property and set the data source with code (in report's constructor after InitializeComponent() method) or in NeedDataSource event of the data item.

Feel free to send us the report in a support ticket so we can check if it can be optimized in some ways.

Regards,
Katia
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Jairo Reyes
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Katia
Telerik team
Share this question
or