This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Preview differs from print preview in Visual Studio 2015

1 Answer 57 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Richard
Top achievements
Rank 1
Richard asked on 11 Oct 2016, 07:34 PM
I am having a real hard time trying to fit my report on a page and having it print just on one page. I am using the Telerik reporting plug in for Visual Studio 2015. I have several pages that are portrait letter size. The margins are set to 15mm. On the page I am trying to make things fit into a 18.1cm width. It works fine for page 1. However on page 2, despite it being the exact same width, I get a little exclamation mark at the top which says it won't fit on one page. That's despite the fact when I go to Preview it fits perfectly. How do you make sure things fit on a page with the margins etc? It is SOOOOO fiddly!

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 12 Oct 2016, 11:51 AM
Hi Richard,

The design preview includes interactive and print modes, where the physical layout is displayed in print mode - Interactive vs. Print Layout.

If during the designing of the report there are notifications about the size of the report, this means that when the reporting engine applies the set PageSettings properties, the content will not fit - Understanding Pagination.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Richard
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
Share this question
or