This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Please Check incremental search functionality in Q2 2008

2 Answers 32 Views
Treeview
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Haroon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Haroon asked on 06 Oct 2008, 06:21 AM
Hi Telerik,
I did used telerik treeview last year, and I checked the incremental search functionality, which was working fine. But just few days back I developed a prototype for my client to get telerik evaluated by them with Q2 2008 WinControl. And in this when I checked the incremental search functionality I didnt found it working fine ( or as fine as it was earlier).

Right now what happens is that the treeview get the first letter only and selects the first available node. For example if I type "ABC" the search will select the first node starting with "A" and but never considers "B and C". Please do re test the behavior, Probably I am wrong so please tell me.

Regards,
Haroon.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Jordan
Telerik team
answered on 08 Oct 2008, 12:10 PM
Hi Haroon,

I just tested the incremental search functionality of RadTreeView and it seems to be working, i.e. when I type more letters the next matching node is found.

But I may be missing something. You may have discovered a specific case where this does not work as expected. Could you please give an example with specific node texts?

Sincerely yours,
Jordan
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Haroon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Oct 2008, 11:23 AM
Hi Jordan,
I checked you are right, I am doing a number of activities on that event which were causing problems. Among all I was changing an image in status bar with respect to selected node on selected event. So that was casing the problem. But "Application.DoEvent" done the job.

Thanks

Regards,
Haroon.
Tags
Treeview
Asked by
Haroon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Jordan
Telerik team