PDF417 inserting Group and Record ascii separators.

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. ToddW
    ToddW avatar
    2 posts

Posted 06 Jan 2017 Link to this post

The string i am setting the 417 barcode to requires ascii characters 29 (Group separator) and 30 (Record separator) embedded at various places in the label. Somewhere i found that i could insert characters in the report object expression by entering Alt and the decimal ascii code, so alt+29 supposedly gives me the Group Separator. I have done that and my customer says the PDF417 barcode generated does not scan to include those characters. I am ata loss how to do this. Is there a Char() function i could put in the expression, like Char(29)? I've tried that and variation and it produces an error. I am limited to using the standalone report designer.

I have scanned the barcode myself, and since these are non-printable characters, i cannot see evidence of these characters in the resulting text outputted from the scan.

2. Stef
    Admin
    Stef avatar
    3610 posts

Posted 09 Jan 2017 Link to this post

Hello ToddW,

Please test changing the settings of the Barcode item to allow the input - PDF417: Settings.

Regards,
    Stef
    Telerik by Progress
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items