This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

PDF417 inserting Group and Record ascii separators.

1 Answer 311 Views
Report Designer (standalone)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
ToddW
Top achievements
Rank 1
ToddW asked on 06 Jan 2017, 07:05 PM

The string i am setting the 417 barcode to requires ascii characters 29 (Group separator) and 30 (Record separator) embedded at various places in the label. Somewhere i found that i could insert characters in the report object expression by entering Alt and the decimal ascii code, so alt+29 supposedly gives me the Group Separator. I have done that and my customer says the PDF417 barcode generated does not scan to include those characters. I am ata loss how to do this. Is there a Char() function i could put in the expression, like Char(29)? I've tried that and variation and it produces an error. I am limited to using the standalone report designer.

I have scanned the barcode myself, and since these are non-printable characters, i cannot see evidence of these characters in the resulting text outputted from the scan.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 09 Jan 2017, 05:47 PM
Hello ToddW,

Please test changing the settings of the Barcode item to allow the input - PDF417: Settings.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Report Designer (standalone)
Asked by
ToddW
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
Share this question
or