This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

OverflowException when pressing ^ / °

3 Answers 57 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
DGPunkt
Top achievements
Rank 1
DGPunkt asked on 29 Jan 2010, 03:50 PM
Hello everybody,
hello telerik - Team,

in our project using RadControls for WinForms Q3 2009 SP2 we get an OverflowException when pressing ^ / ° (on german keyboards left of Key 1) no matter where we are.
The same happens in your demo project. Pls. see attached screenshot.

Greetings,
Daniel

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Martin Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 03 Feb 2010, 03:47 PM
Hello DGPunkt,

Thank you for writing. We have no german keyboard (hardware) but we tested with the ^ symbol and also with º (ALT+0186) and no exception was thrown. Please, let me know if you are using different codes to try with them too. Otherwise, the issue could be related to your PC settings. Please send us more information e.g. exception message text in English and a Stack Trace as well. I look forward to your reply.

Best wishes,
Martin Vasilev
the Telerik team

Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Follow the status of features or bugs in PITS and vote for them to affect their priority.
DGPunkt
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Feb 2010, 08:36 AM
Hello telerik Team,

while searching a bit in your forums I could see you now can reproduce this behaviour:

http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/winforms/forms-and-dialogs/application-crashes-on-accent-key.aspx#1083613

Greetings,
Daniel
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 09 Feb 2010, 09:31 AM
Hi DGPunkt,

Indeed, our colleague Dobry reproduced the issue using a German keyboard (software). The issue will be addressed in one of the future releases.

All the best,
Nikolay
the Telerik team

Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Follow the status of features or bugs in PITS and vote for them to affect their priority.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
DGPunkt
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Martin Vasilev
Telerik team
DGPunkt
Top achievements
Rank 1