This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Opening Designer in VS 2010 Causes Error

3 Answers 49 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Byron
Top achievements
Rank 1
Byron asked on 27 Jun 2013, 04:38 PM
Software:
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional (Ver 4.0.30319 SP1)
Telerik Reporting (6.1.12.611)
Telerik Report Viewer (6.1.12.611)
Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit (SP1)

Problem:
Opening a designer file for a Telerik Report causes an error to occur (Screenshot attached). 

Actions Taken:
I've attempted to upgrade Telerik using the "Upgrade Wizard". Once it sees all of the reports it gives me the option to upgrade to version "6.0.12.215". 

Limitations:
In one of my reports, I use the Telerik.Reporting.InstanceReportSource class. This class was implemented after the 6.0.12.215 class from what I've read and I therefore cannot roll-back the release of Telerik that I use. It is preferred that I do not change the release of Telerik that I use at all.

Additional Information:
One of my co-workers can open the report files just fine using the same .dll references that I use since they are checked into Subversion. He can also see the reports locally when running the web application. I can not see the reports on my local copy of the application, instead I get a 503 (Service is unavailable) error. Neither of us have un-committed local changes. Our code base should be the same. 

I hope I've covered everything. I hope to hear back soon, thanks!

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Squall
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Jul 2013, 12:38 PM
Do you have the same Telerik Reporting version installed as your colleague? This is required because the design time depends on assemblies in the GAC. 
Byron
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Jul 2013, 06:04 PM
Apologies, I've been on vacation. I'm back now. Yes, we have the same version. Anything you might suggest that would cause this error? We have many different parts of our project that use the Telerik Reporting DLLs so I cannot update the version that I am using but that shouldn't matter since we are all using the same DLL files for references via SVN.
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 11 Jul 2013, 11:37 AM
Hello Byron,

This is the answer from your support ticket on the same question:
"Try running the Upgrade Wizard or manually upgrading, and if the designer does not open the report, delete the resx file. You can also open the report's designer.cs file and check for any warnings and compilation errors."

If you need further help, please update your ticket.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Have you tried the new visualization options in Telerik Reporting Q2 2013? You can get them from your account.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Byron
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Squall
Top achievements
Rank 1
Byron
Top achievements