Opening CSS files crashes VS2010

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Rem
    Rem avatar
    58 posts

Posted 22 Apr 2012 Link to this post

We have downloaded a trial of Kendo Mobile.

I have an empty project in visual studio 2010.  I have then added a new html file.

In the same project, I added a "js" folder to which I added the javascript files. 

I have also added a "styles" folder in which I added the css files included in the zip downloaded for the trial

Whenever I open one of these css files, Visual Studio 2010 Premium crashes:  "Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 has stopped working".  This happens each and every time without fail and happens whenever I open a css file from the zip.  When I open another css file I created myself, it does not crash.

I am using Windows 7 Professional 32-bit.

Any ideas what I could be missing or what could be causing the issue?
  2. Michael Harry
    Michael Harry avatar
    4 posts

Posted 28 Apr 2012 Link to this post

I'm having the same problem
  3. Dimo
    Admin
    Dimo avatar
    8482 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 Link to this post

Hello,

We are not able to reproduce such a problem by using VS 2010 SP1 and opening either the minified or non-minified versions of the CSS files.

The problem might be caused by some CSS hacks, which crash the VS parsing mechanism, or something else related to the formatting of the files (line endings, etc), or a Visual Studio plugin. Let us know if you discover anything particular and we will take a look.

Kind regards,
    Dimo
    the Telerik team
    Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!