This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Opening CSS files crashes VS2010

2 Answers 57 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Rem
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rem asked on 23 Apr 2012, 12:37 AM
We have downloaded a trial of Kendo Mobile.

I have an empty project in visual studio 2010.  I have then added a new html file.

In the same project, I added a "js" folder to which I added the javascript files. 

I have also added a "styles" folder in which I added the css files included in the zip downloaded for the trial

Whenever I open one of these css files, Visual Studio 2010 Premium crashes:  "Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 has stopped working".  This happens each and every time without fail and happens whenever I open a css file from the zip.  When I open another css file I created myself, it does not crash.

I am using Windows 7 Professional 32-bit.

Any ideas what I could be missing or what could be causing the issue?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Michael Harry
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Apr 2012, 07:39 PM
I'm having the same problem
Dimo
Telerik team
answered on 01 May 2012, 09:48 AM
Hello,

We are not able to reproduce such a problem by using VS 2010 SP1 and opening either the minified or non-minified versions of the CSS files.

The problem might be caused by some CSS hacks, which crash the VS parsing mechanism, or something else related to the formatting of the files (line endings, etc), or a Visual Studio plugin. Let us know if you discover anything particular and we will take a look.

Kind regards,
Dimo
the Telerik team
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Rem
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Michael Harry
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dimo
Telerik team