No preview in VS 2013 ReportDesigner

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Heiko
    Heiko avatar
    153 posts

Posted 18 Apr 2015 Link to this post

While my reports are displayed perfectly during runtime, it is not possible to get a preview during development in Visual Studio 2013. I got the following solution structure (WPF):

Main Application EXE
    Data-ClassLibrary
    Report-ClassLibrary
    (... other ClassLibraries and Modules...)

All reports use objectDataSources which itself use the ApplicationDbContext defined in Data-ClassLibrary. What do I have to do to display a preview inside the Visual Studio ReportDesigner? I just can't find any help document for that scenario. The objectDataSources are not even instantiated when showing preview. :-(

And second question: why is it still (after YEARS) not possible to enter a value for an external stylesheet that is an embedded resource? You have to open the designer code to accomplish that. Is this SO HARD TO DEVELOP for Telerik?

2. Nasko
    Admin
    Nasko avatar
    1045 posts

Posted 21 Apr 2015 Link to this post

Hello Neils,

Please review these threads on the same topic regarding the ObjectDataSource component issue:
    Regarding the second question, the External Stylesheets can be loaded from an absolute path/URL, a relative path/URL, or a resource name (such as Application1.Resources.StyleSheet1.xml). For any different options than the already provided, please post a feature request in the public Ideas & Feedback portal.

Regards,
    Nasko
    Telerik

See What's Next in App Development. Register for TelerikNEXT.