This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

No preview in VS 2013 ReportDesigner

1 Answer 48 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Heiko
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Heiko asked on 18 Apr 2015, 01:22 PM

While my reports are displayed perfectly during runtime, it is not possible to get a preview during development in Visual Studio 2013. I got the following solution structure (WPF):

Main Application EXE
Data-ClassLibrary
Report-ClassLibrary
(... other ClassLibraries and Modules...)

All reports use objectDataSources which itself use the ApplicationDbContext defined in Data-ClassLibrary. What do I have to do to display a preview inside the Visual Studio ReportDesigner? I just can't find any help document for that scenario. The objectDataSources are not even instantiated when showing preview. :-(

And second question: why is it still (after YEARS) not possible to enter a value for an external stylesheet that is an embedded resource? You have to open the designer code to accomplish that. Is this SO HARD TO DEVELOP for Telerik?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nasko
Telerik team
answered on 21 Apr 2015, 02:28 PM
Hello Neils,

Please review these threads on the same topic regarding the ObjectDataSource component issue:
Regarding the second question, the External Stylesheets can be loaded from an absolute path/URL, a relative path/URL, or a resource name (such as Application1.Resources.StyleSheet1.xml). For any different options than the already provided, please post a feature request in the public Ideas & Feedback portal.

Regards,
Nasko
Telerik

See What's Next in App Development. Register for TelerikNEXT.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Heiko
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Answers by
Nasko
Telerik team
Share this question