This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

NeedDataSource - change in 2010 Q1

1 Answer 62 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Brad Harrison
Top achievements
Rank 1
Brad Harrison asked on 15 Mar 2010, 12:17 AM
I am doing reporting using a business object. The business object has sub-collections that I want to include in the report.

I used to do this to get to the raw data:

Private Sub Table1_NeedDataSource(ByVal sender As ObjectByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Table1.NeedDataSource  
    Dim tab1 As Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Table = DirectCast(sender, Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Table)  
    Dim idata1 As Telerik.Reporting.Processing.IDataObject = DirectCast(tab1.DataObject, Telerik.Reporting.Processing.IDataObject)  
    Dim obj1 As myobject = DirectCast(idata1.RawData, myobject)  
    '  
    tab1.DataSource = obj1  
End Sub 

This no longer works in Telerik Reporting 2010 Q1. What the best way to get to the raw data object?

Brad

UPDATE:  Looks like this is already reported as issue 1318 and I see a workaround another post on this same issue. I will try the workaround until there is a better method.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 18 Mar 2010, 08:52 AM
Hello Brad Harrison,

We have released an internal build yesterday that would make your original code work as before, so you do not need to change your code/reports.

Thank you for the patience and sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely yours,
Steve
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Brad Harrison
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Share this question
or