Based on the provided information, I created a demo report that demonstrate the scenario. The report could be opened with Telerik Standalone Designer version R3 2018 or higher. From my understanding, the table contains N columns with different fields and you need to group these data based on user's choice (a report parameter containing a list of fields names).
This could be done by introducing an additional data source for the fields names. Here are the steps to create the Table item definition from the example:
- Create the first data source (that should be bound to the Table to show the detail data). In the example it contains three fields - PartNumber, Type and Color
- Create the second data source (that should be used in the report parameter's AvailableValues). In the example it contains just one field - GroupBy
and it's detail rows are PartNumber, Type and Color
- Create the report parameter with AvailableValues from the second data source and ValueMember = Fields.GroupBy
- Create the table with columns from the first data source
- In Table's Group Explorer -> Add group -> Parent Group -> in Expression input add
As a side note, you could use nested IIF conditional functions that would result the same. Example:
= IIF(Parameters.GroupBy.Value = "PartNumber", Fields.PartNumber, IIf(Parameters.GroupBy.Value = "Type", Fields.Type, IIf(Parameters.GroupBy.Value = "Color", Fields.Color, "")))
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans?
Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed?
Telerik Feedback Portal
and vote to affect the priority of the items