This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Multiple Reports

2 Answers 216 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Gustavo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Gustavo asked on 15 Nov 2016, 08:40 PM

Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a single report, which shows multiple reports. The idea is, I have an InvoiceReport at the moment, and I built a Scheduler, that needs to generate all the reports of the month. So in this Scheduler I render all the reports and attach them to a bookReport, then I create the file. 

We have to render around 3000-5000 reports into a file, but when using bookReport, you have to render each report individually first and then attach to the bookReport, and it takes 1-2 seconds to render each report individually. The data sources inside that report are really fast, so the problem becomes the render.

That's why I need to create a single report to render all the InvoiceReport without using bookReport. I found the SubReport control, but it doesn't render the Header/Footer.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? To render many reports inside a "master report" without using bookReport.

Thanks

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Katia
Telerik team
answered on 16 Nov 2016, 07:33 AM
Hi Gustavo,

The usage of many Subreport items might affect the overall report's performance. The Subreport item references a report definition that should be processed separately. This is an expensive process and can be avoided with Table or List item that is bound to the same and has the same layout as the subreport report definition - Performance Considerations.

Thus, you can test adding Table/CrossTab item to the master report and insert additional rows for this item as header/footer.

Another option could be to use report groups and their GroupHeader/GroupFooter sections.

Regards,
Katia
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Gustavo
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Nov 2016, 08:13 PM

Katia,

Thanks for the reply!

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Gustavo
Top achievements
Rank 1