monthView to dayView/weekView takes 25s

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Thierry
    Thierry avatar
    22 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2012

    Posted 26 Sep 2012 Link to this post

    Hi there,

    I have a project with a RadScheduleView.

    The viewDefinitions are added dynamically when I first open the App. There are 5 of them : day / week / workweek / month / timeLine by default.

    In this configuration, when the activeViewDefinition is the MonthView and I click either on a "weekHeader" or a "dayHeader" to go to the corresponding week or day, it takes up to 25s.

    Interestingly though, going from WeekView to DayView by clicking on a "dayHeader" in the WeekViewDefinition is almost instantaneous. So I deduced it has something to do with the way the view is displayed (weekView and DayView share the same layout, if I am not mistaken)

    I have used DotTrace to try and find where the problem lies, and it appears almost all of the 25s are spent in MeasureOverride() (see attached screenshot) So my guess seems to be right, but I am puzzled as to what could produce such a loss of time on my part.

    Do you know of something that could cause such a behavior ?

    (nb: I use the metro Theme on the RadScheduleView)
  2. Vladi
    Vladi avatar
    749 posts

    Posted 29 Sep 2012 Link to this post

    Hello Thierry,

    We responded to you in the support ticket about this case but for community reference I will give the response from the ticket in this post too:

    We looked into the issue and indeed in that scenario there seem to be performance issues in the control.

    We logged the issue in our
    Public Issue Tracker System where you can vote for it and track its status.

    I updated your Telerik points for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may be causing.

    the Telerik team

    Time to cast your vote for Telerik! Tell DevPro Connections and Windows IT Pro why Telerik is your choice. Telerik is nominated in a total of 25 categories.

Back to Top