I am currently experiencing the missing toolbox in Visual Studio 2017 Professional.
I have followed the instructions, pinned to to top of the reporting forum, found here: https://www.telerik.com/forums/missing-telerik-menu-in-vs2017.
(1) Closed all visual studio instances
(2) Downloaded the Duplicate Extension finder
(3) Opened the command prompt as Admin
(4) Ran the Duplicate Extension Finder tool with the -delete option
(5) Started Visual Studio 2017 again, as Admin
(6) Opened the Tools-> Extensions and Updates
(7) Disables all Telerik and Kendo extension entries
(8) Restarted Visual Studio 2017 as Admin
(9) Opened the Tools->Extensions and Updates
(10) Enabled all Telerik and Kendo extension entries
(11) Exited and restarted Visual Studio 2017.
And the problem still exists. The toolbox is not present when I open the report page.
I have since uninstalled the Reporting component using the Tools -> Extensions and Updates, and also used the Progress Control Panel to uninstall the Telerik Reporting component, demos and Visual Studio 2015 and 2017 extensions, and reinstalled them. I have run theDuplicate Extension Finder to remove and duplicate extensions (there weren't any this time around.)
But still...nothing. It still isn't showing.
I can see the ReportingToolbox.22.214.171.1249.pkgdef file under C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Telerik
I have attached an image from that file. The file references the D drive as that is where I have Telerik Reporting installed (corporate environment, no space on C). The file Telerik.Reporting.dll does exist in that location.
Is there something I can do to manually force the install of the Telerik Reporting toolbox?