Several Telerik users have reported that after installing multiple versions of Telerik Reporting the Telerik menu disappears from Visual Studio 2017.
It seems that some versions of the VSIXInstaller (which is the tool used for deploying extensions) allow installing multiple instances of the same extension package - the package responsible for the Telerik menu in the particular case. Visual Studio 2017 however does not load such packages. Repairing the Telerik Reporting installation doesn't resolve the problem.
- Close all Visual Studio instances
- Download Duplicate Extension Finder tool .exe
- Open Command Prompt
- Run DuplicateExtensionFinder.exe -delete
- Start Visual Studio
- Open Tools -> Extensions and Updates...
- In Installed extensions list click Disable button of ALL Telerik entries.
- Restart Visual Studio.
- Open Tools -> Extensions and Updates... tool again
- In Installed extensions list click Enable button of ALL Telerik entries.
- Restart Visual Studio. Telerik menu should be visible now.
The problem is reported to Microsoft Visual Studio team to look it on their side at Developer Community Forums. We are also working on this and we will release fix with one of our next releases.