This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Migration from Rad Controls Winforms Q1 to Q2 2010

3 Answers 54 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Vijay
Top achievements
Rank 1
Vijay asked on 25 Oct 2010, 11:39 AM
Hi All,
I have a project developed in .NET 3.5 framework using Rad Controles Winfoms Q1. I want to confirm that project developed using Rad Controls Winforms Q1 is compatable with Rad Controls winforms Q2 2010 with out any chane in code. 

Thanks
Vijay

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 28 Oct 2010, 04:42 PM
Hi Vijay,

Thank you for writing.

The changes in your project that you need to apply depend on the controls used. In Q2 2010 we introduced an improved RadGridView control implementing many optimizations and new features in it. These improvements were accompanied by some breaking changes that we could not avoid. You can see a list of the breaking changes in our Release Notes.

I would also like to mention that at the beginning of November we are planning to release the Q3 2010 version of our controls where even more improvements and additions will be introduced. So, I would recommend, if possible, to wait for the new release and perform an upgrade directly to the Q3 version.

When you decide to upgrade, please refer to the following help article which concerns the general steps that you need to follow while upgrading your project to the new Telerik version: Application Upgrade.

I hope you find this information helpful. Should you need any further assistance during the transition process, do not hesitate to contact me.

All the best,
Stefan
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Vijay
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Nov 2010, 01:24 PM
Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your reply.
The information provided by you really helps.

The project mainly uses the components GridView component, an Office Ribbon component and a RadDock component. Also it uses Telerik Reporting Q1 for reporting purposes. Now can you please let me know on the impact of code change need to done if the licence is upgraded to Q2 or Q3.

Thanks
Vijay
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 04 Nov 2010, 03:58 PM
Hello Vijay,

Thank you for writing back.

Basically, from Q1 2010 to Q3 2010 most of the introduced changes concern RadGridView. So the conversion narrows down mostly to this control. However, there is no way for me to tell you exactly how long it will take, because this depends on your project and more specifically on the features that you have used. 

As you already probably know, we are going to release Q3 2010 by the end of the next week. My advice in your case is to download Q2 2010 SP2 or wait for Q3 2010, download its trial and try to upgrade your project. If you meet any difficulties while doing so, do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,
Stefan
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Vijay
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stefan
Telerik team
Vijay
Top achievements
Rank 1