This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

MIgration from Q2 2010 to Q2 2011

1 Answer 27 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
K.
Top achievements
Rank 1
K. asked on 25 Oct 2011, 09:40 PM
I just purchased a license for Win Forms package.

So far I've been using the trial version of Q2 2010 and last week I decided to upgrade it to licensed version of Q2 2011.
After uninstsalling the existing version, installing the Q2 2011 and changing the references from my project to the new DLLs I run into following issues:

1.    Error 18 Property or indexer 'Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadTreeNode.DataBoundItem' cannot be assigned to -- it is read only 
2.    Error 25 'Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadTreeNodeCollection' does not contain a definition for 'Find' and no extension method 'Find' accepting a first argument of type 'Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadTreeNodeCollection' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) 

I found this on your TreeView class in regards to Find method.
This property will be removed in the next version. You can define your own search behavior by setting the Find method.

Please let me know how I can resolve those issues.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
answered on 28 Oct 2011, 05:08 PM
Hi K.,

Thank you for choosing RadControls for WinForms.

1) The DataBoundItem is used for bound mode and its value is controlled by the external object of the Data Source. This behavior is implemented in our list based controls and is the same as in the standard System.Windows.Forms control set. If you need to store a custom object, please use the Tag property instead. If this does not satisfy your requirement, please describe your case in greater detail. This will allow us to provide you with a helpful response.

2) You can use the new Find to search Text or setup predicate function to find a node. Here is a simple example:

public TreeForm2()
{
    InitializeComponent();

this.radTreeView1.Find(this.FindNode);
}

private bool FindNode(RadTreeNode node)
{
    if (node.Text == "MyNode")
    {
        return true;
    }

return false;
}

I hope this information is useful. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Best wishes,
Julian Benkov
the Telerik team

Q2’11 SP1 of RadControls for WinForms is available for download (see what's new); also available is the Q3'11 Roadmap for Telerik Windows Forms controls.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
K.
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
Share this question
or