This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Markup discrepancy between machines with version 2018.3.910.45

1 Answer 76 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kenneth
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kenneth asked on 27 Nov 2018, 02:52 PM

I'm using Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX version 2018.3.910.45. When I run my site from Visual Studio on my laptop, various parts of the UI look different than on the QA server. Using my login dialog as an example, I can see that the markup is different. I'm testing using Chrome.

I need to make the controls display the same in both places. Anybody have any thoughts on how to make that happen?

Here is the example of the markup difference:

Laptop markup (IIS Express):
<button type="submit" name="btnLogin" value="Login" id="btnLogin" class="RadButton RadButton_Bootstrap rbButton rbRounded rbIconButton" style="height:30px;width:100%;" tabindex="0"><span class="rbText">Login</span><input id="btnLogin_ClientState" name="btnLogin_ClientState" type="hidden" autocomplete="off" value="{"text":"Login","value":"","checked":false,"target":"","navigateUrl":"","commandName":"","commandArgument":"","autoPostBack":true,"selectedToggleStateIndex":0,"validationGroup":"vgLogin","readOnly":false,"primary":false,"enabled":true}"></button>

Server (IIS 7):
<span id="btnLogin" class="RadButton RadButton_Bootstrap rbVerticalButton" style="display:inline-block;height:30px;width:100%;height:30px;" tabindex="0"><input class="rbDecorated" type="submit" name="btnLogin" id="btnLogin_input" value="Login" style="width:100%;padding-left:0;padding-right:4px;height:30px;" tabindex="-1"><input id="btnLogin_ClientState" name="btnLogin_ClientState" type="hidden" autocomplete="off" value="{"text":"Login","value":"","checked":false,"target":"","navigateUrl":"","commandName":"","commandArgument":"","autoPostBack":true,"selectedToggleStateIndex":0,"validationGroup":"vgLogin","readOnly":false,"primary":false,"enabled":true}"></span>

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 27 Nov 2018, 03:41 PM
Hi Kenneth,

Please make sure that the RenderMode property of all Telerik AJAX controls is set to Lightweight as well as the page is not served in IE compatibility mode.

You can find more details in this KB article: Different appearance or behavior in Internet Explorer on local and production servers.

Best regards,
Rumen
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Kenneth
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rumen
Telerik team
Share this question
or