This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

<br> tag not working in HtmlTextBox for Q2_2009 SP1

4 Answers 106 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Shonda
Top achievements
Rank 1
Shonda asked on 19 Oct 2009, 08:49 PM
I have recently upgraded to Q2_2009 SP1 from Q2_2009.

I have an HtmlTextBox which up until the upgrade worked just fine.  Now the <br> tags are not working, but only when the report is viewed inside of the report viewer.  If I use the viewer and export to a file like a PDF the formatting of the <br> is there and the information is displayed correctly.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 20 Oct 2009, 07:46 AM
Hello Shonda,

This is a known issue that slipped into the Q2 SP1 release and would be addressed for the subsequent version of the product. As a temporary workaround you can use "div" tags to layout your text in blocks and each block will then start on a new line.

Please excuse us for the temporary inconvenience.

Sincerely yours,
Steve
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
JDP
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Apr 2010, 09:12 PM
This is still broken in Q1_2010 release.  I have a some text with 23 <br /> tags contained within it and when a report renders to PDF, I experience amount of white space preceding the the text.  If I randomly remove just 1 of the <br /> tags, I don't have this issue.
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 16 Apr 2010, 09:34 AM
Hi JDP,

If you look at the initially reported issue in this thread, you would notice that the problem exhibited itself only under HTML. In your case you report problems in PDF, which you are the first one to bring to our attention and we were not able to reproduce in our local tests. We would appreciate if you provide us with a sample HTML text that causes the erroneous behavior. First please check if that text is valid XHTML by checking it using the w3 validator.

Greetings,
Steve
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
JDP
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Apr 2010, 04:25 PM
I apologize.   We have had the ReportSection.KeepTogether property set to True when in our scenario it should have been False.  Thanks.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Shonda
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
JDP
Top achievements
Rank 1