This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Localization with Q3 2007 SP1

4 Answers 62 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
IvanL
Top achievements
Rank 1
IvanL asked on 30 Dec 2008, 02:51 PM
Hi all,

I'm in need of localization for the radgridview contextmenus and the version of telerik used on the project is Q3 2007 SP1. I found how I could change the filteroptions and the filteroperations but I can't seem to get a hold of the sorting ones. I guess you all know what menu I mean if I say it contains the following items: Sort Ascending, Sort Descending, Conditional formatting, etc...

Is it possible to alter the strings for these somewhere or somehow?

Thank you in advance,
Ivan

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Jordan
Telerik team
answered on 30 Dec 2008, 03:11 PM
Hello Ivan,

Please, take a look at the Localization example for RadGridView in the Quick Start application.
RadGridView supports localization  using a localization provider. I believe that the localization string ids that you are looking for are:

RadGridStringId.SortAscendingMenuItem
RadGridStringId.SortDescendingMenuItem
RadGridStringId.ClearSortingMenuItem
RadGridStringId.ConditionalFormattingMenuItem

You should note that this feature was added in the first half of this year, sou you will have to upgrade your version of RadControls for WinForms if you want to use it.

All the best,
Jordan
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
IvanL
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Dec 2008, 03:26 PM
Hi again,

Yes I did read the example but knowing it was of a newer version this was not an option open to me. Updating our version of telerik isn't possible due to the historical record of the application. Several hacks and tweaks were done to archive certain functionalities that are today standard and updating our version would create a vast stream of codebreaks and extra work left and right which is not an option with our current deadline.

Therefor I wish to ask if there is another option available to archieve the above...

Friendly greetings,
Ivan
Accepted
Jordan
Telerik team
answered on 05 Jan 2009, 12:43 PM
Hello Ivan,

I am afraid that it is not possible to localize these strings with old versions of RadGridView (prior introducing the localization provider functionality). Also there are other strings like for example in the conditional formatting dialog. In short old versions of RadGridView do not have full localization support.

If you after all decide to upgrade to a newer version of RadControls for WinForms we will be glad to help you with any issues that arise. You could also take a look at the RadGridVirew breaking changes document.

Regards,
Jordan
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
IvanL
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Jan 2009, 12:49 PM
Hi again,

Thank you for your reply. I will report this to our project manager and plead for an update to a newer version.

Friendly greetings,
Ivan
Tags
GridView
Asked by
IvanL
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Jordan
Telerik team
IvanL