This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Latest UI For WPF Release throws exception when using RadOpenFolderDialog

2 Answers 61 Views
FileDialogs
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Joe
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
Joe asked on 14 Sep 2018, 08:04 PM

(This is a duplicate of a thread I accidentally started in the wrong subforum here:  https://www.telerik.com/forums/latest-ui-for-wpf-release-throws-exception-when-using-radopenfolderdialog)

I just upgraded to the latest release of UI for WPF (2018.3.blah blah).  So far everything has been working fine.  But today I invoked a bit of my code that uses RadOpenFolderDialog.  The code is pretty simple:

var dlg = new RadOpenFolderDialog
            {
                InitialDirectory = Settings.LibraryFolder,
                Multiselect = false,
            };
            var res = dlg.ShowDialog();

(I have verified the "Settings.LibraryFolder" points to a valid, existing folder at the time this function is called)

It then throws an exception.  The outer exception message is this:
    "Provide value on 'System.Windows.Markup.StaticResourceHolder' threw an exception."

The inner exception message is this:
    "Cannot find resource named 'BreadCrumbBarItemCustomStyle'.  Resource names are case sensitive"

I do not now, nor have I ever had a resource of that name so I have to assume this is something inside the Telerik release that was inadvertently removed.  Can you help me?
I don't know if it is relevant but early on in my app I use the StyleManager to set an application theme

StyleManager.ApplicationTheme = new Windows8TouchTheme();

Also I am *NOT* using the "NoXaml" approach

Help...?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Petar Mladenov
Telerik team
answered on 17 Sep 2018, 12:45 PM
Hi Joe,

Thank you for this report. This appears to be a regression issue in our R3 release and we will include a fix for it in the internal build next week as well as in the Service Pack next month.

FileDialogs: Exception on load when Windows8TouchTheme is set via StyleManager
We updated your telerik account points as a thanks for your cooperation. Please excuse us for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Petar Mladenov
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Joe
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
answered on 17 Sep 2018, 01:05 PM

Thank you, Peter.

In case anyone else is experiencing this, I was able to work around it by choosing a different theme in my case Office2016Touch.

I personally find the Windows8Touch theme to be more touch-friendly though so I look forward to the fix.

I appreciate the quick reply!

-Joe

Tags
FileDialogs
Asked by
Joe
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
Answers by