Latest UI For WPF Release throws exception when using RadOpenFolderDialog

3 posts, 1 answers
  1. Joe
    Joe avatar
    51 posts

Posted 14 Sep 2018 Link to this post

(This is a duplicate of a thread I accidentally started in the wrong subforum here:  https://www.telerik.com/forums/latest-ui-for-wpf-release-throws-exception-when-using-radopenfolderdialog)

I just upgraded to the latest release of UI for WPF (2018.3.blah blah).  So far everything has been working fine.  But today I invoked a bit of my code that uses RadOpenFolderDialog.  The code is pretty simple:

var dlg = new RadOpenFolderDialog
                {
                    InitialDirectory = Settings.LibraryFolder,
                    Multiselect = false,
                };
                var res = dlg.ShowDialog();

(I have verified the "Settings.LibraryFolder" points to a valid, existing folder at the time this function is called)

It then throws an exception.  The outer exception message is this:
        "Provide value on 'System.Windows.Markup.StaticResourceHolder' threw an exception."

The inner exception message is this:
        "Cannot find resource named 'BreadCrumbBarItemCustomStyle'.  Resource names are case sensitive"

I do not now, nor have I ever had a resource of that name so I have to assume this is something inside the Telerik release that was inadvertently removed.  Can you help me?
    I don't know if it is relevant but early on in my app I use the StyleManager to set an application theme

StyleManager.ApplicationTheme = new Windows8TouchTheme();

Also I am *NOT* using the "NoXaml" approach

Help...?

2. Answer
    Petar Mladenov
    Admin
    Petar Mladenov avatar
    3084 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2018 Link to this post

Hi Joe,

Thank you for this report. This appears to be a regression issue in our R3 release and we will include a fix for it in the internal build next week as well as in the Service Pack next month.

FileDialogs: Exception on load when Windows8TouchTheme is set via StyleManager
    We updated your telerik account points as a thanks for your cooperation. Please excuse us for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
    Petar Mladenov
    Progress Telerik
    Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
  3. Joe
    Joe avatar
    51 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2018 in reply to Petar Mladenov Link to this post

Thank you, Peter.

In case anyone else is experiencing this, I was able to work around it by choosing a different theme in my case Office2016Touch.

I personally find the Windows8Touch theme to be more touch-friendly though so I look forward to the fix.

I appreciate the quick reply!

-Joe