This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Label Printing

2 Answers 276 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Al
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Al asked on 21 Nov 2016, 12:37 PM

I had problems trying to print when I updated the Telerik dlls from 2008.  There was an issue discussed in some threads regarding the orientation in 

http://www.telerik.com/forums/printing-report-on-label-printer-wrong-orientation in which Stephan states

"Please download and test the latest available Telerik Reporting Q2 2014 SP1 version 8.1.14.804, where we included modifications in the print mechanism for WPF and WinForms ReportViewer controls."

I am struggling with he latest version of the software to make this work. Please help

Here is a snippet of vb which worked up to 2013 

Dim rpt As New CLCertReports.Assetlabel1(mID, mPartnerID, mIdent, mSerial)
Dim mInstanceReportSource As New Telerik.Reporting.InstanceReportSource()
mInstanceReportSource.ReportDocument = rpt
Dim printerSettings As New System.Drawing.Printing.PrinterSettings()
printerSettings.PrinterName = System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings("LabelPrinter1") '"TECB-452"
Dim printController As System.Drawing.Printing.PrintController = New System.Drawing.Printing.StandardPrintController()
Dim reportProcessor As Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor = New Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor()
reportProcessor.PrintController = printController
Me.ReportViewer1.ReportSource = mInstanceReportSource
reportProcessor.PrintReport(mInstanceReportSource, printerSettings)

The label renders on the ReportViewer fine and if printed with the dialogue prints fine.  However, it still tries to print portrait over two labels in code behind and if i change the .ReportDocument.PageSettings.Landscape settings then it clips the label and does not print properly from the ReportViewer.

What am I doing wrong and how do change the above code to make this work

Many thanks

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Al
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 21 Nov 2016, 02:25 PM

All works again.
For those who have had issues (print spanning labels, orientation issues, labels clipping) then the solution is as suggested.  Upgrade past 2014 then make sure the reports project  (my reports are created in a different project) is also updated and rebuilt. Quick turn off and on.

It then all works like the label printing of old.  I did not need PageSettings.Landscape = False or any other pagesettings,  these settings tended to cause issue because they do not set the label printer up correctly. I am using a Toshiba Tec printer and the printers built in settings can easily be messed up.

Katia
Telerik team
answered on 21 Nov 2016, 02:38 PM
Hi Al,

We indeed had such issue in older versions and it was fixed in Telerik Reporting Q2 2014 SP1. Check what version of Telerik Reporting you are using. If the latest version was installed on your machine, running the Upgrade Wizard in Visual Studio will update Telerik reporting references to the required version automatically.

Also, check if the orientation in report's PageSettings properties is set Landscape=True.

If the issue persists, send us a sample project reproducing it in a support ticket so we can test it locally.

Regards,
Katia
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Al
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Answers by
Al
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron