I have a hierarchical grid similar to this layout https://docs.telerik.com/devtools/wpf/controls/radgridview/getting-started/building-hierarchical-grid-view
I need to be able to navigate through the parent grid and all the child grids using only a keyboard. My expected behavior is as follows:
- If all the rows are collapsed, navigating through the rows will proceed in a left to right, top to bottom pattern, including the expander button
- If focus is on an expander, pressing space bar will activate the expander and expose/hide the child grid as appropriate to the state of the expander
- If a row is expanded to expose a child grid, pressing tab on the last column of the row will shift focus to the first row, first column cell of the child grid
- While focus is in the child grid, navigating through the rows will proceed in a left to right, top to bottom pattern.
- When focus is on the last row, last column cell of a child grid, pressing tab will set focus on the first cell in the next parent row.
Right now I have the following problems
- The expander cannot be focused consistently. If I explicitly set Focusable=True on the column it only gains focus when navigating backwards with shift tab.
- The expander cannot be activated with the keyboard.
- The child grid is not keyboard accessible at all. Even if I use the mouse to explicitly set focus in the child grid I cannot keyboard navigate.
- Does the expander control support consistent keyboard focusability and activation?
- Does the child grid support keyboard navigate at all?