Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
1 answer
137 views
Hello,
I have setup a grid like this:
$scope.mainGridOptions = {
            dataSource: {
                transport: {
                    read: function (e) {
                        $http({ method: 'GET', url: myUrl, cache: true }).
                            success(function (data) {
                                e.success(data);
                            }).
                            error(function (data, status) {
                                console.log(status);
                            });
                    }
                },
                serverPaging: false,
                serverSorting: false,
                schema: {
                    model: {
                        fields: {
                            expiryDate: { type: "date" }
                        }
                    }
                }
            },
            sortable: true,
            filterable: {
                mode: "row, menu",
                operators: {
                    date: {
                        gt: "After",
                        lt: "Before"
                    }
                }
            }
           }

and filtering for a date before today works fine but using after produces no results at all. The data does contain data with dates in the future.
I am using the latest version v2014.2.903

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Casper
Casper
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Sep 2014
1 answer
771 views
Hi,
I have some <select> elements on my page, which are decorated with the kendoDropDownList widget.
The problem is, that their content can be changed (options can be removed, disabled or new options can be added), and I need to update the widgets' content appropriately.
I'm trying to use the refresh method, but I can't get it, new options are not present is the list.
Here is the fiddle: http://dojo.telerik.com/isAQ
Thanks.
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2014
6 answers
730 views
In my chart's legend, it lists each series' name with a square icon that is the same color as my line to the left of it. I need this icon to be a circle for one of my series. Is this possible?

I'm using a line chart if that matters, and the marker type for this line is "circle".
Hristo Germanov
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2014
5 answers
349 views
Hi, i'm hoping i'm just missing something here but I can't find an event for my problem.

I have an app that can have multiple windows.  I'm maintaining a list of windows which I would like to highlight the currently selected window.  When I click on a window that is not selected, it jumps to the front.

Is there an event that can be fired off when the user clicks on a background window and it jumps to the front?  This would allow me to toggle a style on my window list to highlight the active window.

Possible?

Thanks...
Anthony
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Sep 2014
1 answer
151 views
A few questions

1: Is it possible to change the font size for the chart note?
2. Is it possible to format portions of the note content (coloring a keyword i.e.) using css?

Hristo Germanov
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2014
8 answers
205 views
I am experimenting with having the Kendo Grid bound to an initial set of data and then using a transport URL for all subsequent trips. To this end, I discovered this project on a kendo Dojo : http://dojo.telerik.com/UtON/125

This is very similar to what I want to be able to do, however, if you notice at the bottom of the script the data total is manually set to 58, but the grid does not reflect this. How can I get the grid to reflect/display the total before paging?

Thanks,
Chris
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2014
1 answer
435 views
Hi! 
How to hide the "Add task" button in the mode "editable: true"?

Thank you for help.
Bozhidar
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2014
2 answers
336 views
I've created a combobox that should pull remote data from an MVC 4 controller action.

Html:
<label for="contactFilter">Filter by contact name:</label>
<input id="contactFilter" type="search" value="" />

Javascript:
$(document).ready(function () {
 
  $("#contactFilter").kendoComboBox({
    placeholder: "contact name",
    dataTextField: "Name",
    dataValueField: "Id",
    filter: "contains",
    autoBind: false,
    minLength: 3,
    dataSource: {
      type: "json",
      serverFiltering: true,
      transport: {
        read: {
          url: siteRoot + "Groupings/ContactsTypeahead"
        }
      }
    }
  });
   
});

Controller action:
Public Function ContactsTypeahead(filterString As String) As JsonResult
 
  Dim contacts As Attenda.Cmdb.ServerGroups.Core.SupportworksService.Contacts = _supportworks.SearchContacts(filterString)
 
  Dim retVal = contacts.Select(Function(x) New With {.Id = x.ContactID, .Name = x.FirstName & " " & x.Surname}).ToList()
 
  Return Json(retVal, JsonRequestBehavior.AllowGet)
 
End Function

The problem is rather than just getting the value that's been typed in to the combobox the request looks something like:
http://localhost/myApp/myController/ContactsTypeahead?filter%5Blogic%5D=and&filter%5Bfilters%5D%5B0%5D%5Bvalue%5D=bob&filter%5Bfilters%5D%5B0%5D%5Bfield%5D=Name&filter%5Bfilters%5D%5B0%5D%5Boperator%5D=contains&filter%5Bfilters%5D%5B0%5D%5BignoreCase%5D=true

What I actually want is something like:
http://localhost/myApp/myController/ContactsTypeahead?filterString=Bob

Is there any way to get the combobox to just send the value in the box, rather than that serialised filter object?

Thanks,
Nick



Nick
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Sep 2014
4 answers
236 views
Hi, I have a filter on the left side of my web and a grid with the result on the left side. By default that grid is empty, but when I submit the filter form the result should be shown in this grid. I am using kendo spa and mvvm so my observable (model) is something like this:

var vm = kendo.observable({
     getAgentOnlyFound: function(){....},
});

where getAgentOnlyFound get the data in json format from the server, so... 

var dataSourceOnlyFound = new kendo.data.DataSource({
                    transport: {
                        read: function(options) {
                            options.success(vm.getAgentOnlyFound());
                        },
                    },
                    schema: {
                        parse: function (data) {

                            $.each(data, function (i, val) {
                                val.EffectiveDate = kendo.toString(new Date(parseInt(val.EffectiveDate.substr(6))), "MMM/dd/yyyy");
                            });

                            return data;
                        },
                        model: {
                            id: "Id"
                        }
                    }
                });

$("#agent-list-grid").data("kendoGrid").setDataSource(dataSourceOnlyFound);

and my html:

<div id="agent-list-grid"
     data-role="grid"
     data-editable="false"
     data-columns="[
        { 'field': 'FullName', title: 'Agent Name', 'width': 270 },
        { 'field': 'Country.Name', title: 'Country' },
        { 'field': 'EffectiveDate', title: 'Effective Date' }]"
     data-bind="visible: isListView">

the real example is pretty much large but I just put here the important part. My problem is: this example works in random way. Sometime it works and sometime doesn't and I do not receive any javascript errors from my browser.

Any idea ??

Thanks in advance...
Nikolay Rusev
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2014
2 answers
118 views
Hi,

It seems to me TreeView element is not working correctly for such scenario.

1. Read action controller sets checked attribute to true if corresponding item can be found in specific table or has an ancestor item found in that table.
2. There is a TreeView element with checkboxes enabled, checkChildren and loadOnDemand are turned on.

Workflow: user unchecks some item, which has children and was checked before, but not expanded. Then user expands the node, and all checks return back, because they are assigned to subitems based on the status in table without considering the fact that some change has happened on front-end already.

Similarly, if neither an item, nor any of its sub-items was checked, then item gets checked, then expanded - all checks will disappear.

I do understand that this is a complex issue, but please advise what options do I have now, except of advising users not to expand after checking or unchecking, or to expand before checking or unchecking?

Please note that if I do loadOnDemand = true, it will take terrible time to apply all checks accordingly (the number of treeview items is hundreds already and will grow).

Thank you.
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2014
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
Grid
General Discussions
Charts
Data Source
Scheduler
DropDownList
TreeView
MVVM
Editor
Window
DatePicker
Spreadsheet
Upload
ListView (Mobile)
ComboBox
TabStrip
MultiSelect
AutoComplete
ListView
Menu
Templates
Gantt
Validation
TreeList
Diagram
NumericTextBox
Splitter
PanelBar
Drag and Drop
Application
Map
ToolTip
Calendar
PivotGrid
ScrollView (Mobile)
Toolbar
TabStrip (Mobile)
Slider
Button (Mobile)
Filter
SPA
Drawing API
Drawer (Mobile)
Globalization
LinearGauge
Sortable
ModalView
Hierarchical Data Source
Button
FileManager
MaskedTextBox
View
Form
NavBar
Notification
Switch (Mobile)
SplitView
DropDownTree
ListBox
PDFViewer
Sparkline
ActionSheet
TileLayout
PopOver (Mobile)
TreeMap
ButtonGroup
Styling
ColorPicker
Pager
Chat
MultiColumnComboBox
Dialog
DateRangePicker
Checkbox
Timeline
Drawer
DateInput
ProgressBar
MediaPlayer
ImageEditor
TextBox
OrgChart
Accessibility
Effects
Licensing
PivotGridV2
ScrollView
Switch
TextArea
BulletChart
QRCode
ResponsivePanel
Wizard
CheckBoxGroup
Localization
Barcode
Breadcrumb
Collapsible
MultiViewCalendar
Touch
RadioButton
Stepper
Card
ExpansionPanel
Rating
RadioGroup
Badge
Captcha
Heatmap
AppBar
Loader
Security
TaskBoard
Popover
DockManager
TimePicker
FloatingActionButton
CircularGauge
ColorGradient
ColorPalette
DropDownButton
TimeDurationPicker
ToggleButton
BottomNavigation
Ripple
SkeletonContainer
Avatar
Circular ProgressBar
FlatColorPicker
SplitButton
Signature
Chip
ChipList
VS Code Extension
AIPrompt
PropertyGrid
Sankey
Chart Wizard
OTP Input
SpeechToTextButton
InlineAIPrompt
StockChart
ContextMenu
DateTimePicker
RadialGauge
ArcGauge
AICodingAssistant
SmartPasteButton
PromptBox
SegmentedControl
LLM Kit
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?