Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
3 answers
171 views

Hello,

 I don't know whether this question is dumb. Say I have a column called Name with a filter. 

Let's say I have these are the names (Alex,Steve,Mark,ImportantName1,Andrew,ImporantName2). 

Say if I filter for Alex, the grid should not display Alex. It should display (Alex, ImportantName1,ImporantName2).

if I filter for Andrew, the grid should display (ImportantName1,Andrew,ImportantName2). 

I always want to have ImporantantName1 and ImportantName2 to be displayed irrespective of the filter condition. 

If I try to have a custom filter and if I have a filter condition for contains ImportantName, it just displays those 2 items. 

How can I have a smart filter that can always show those 2 important items and the filtered items. 

Thanks.      

Venelin
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Dec 2015
15 answers
1.5K+ views
I hope that when I right click the row on the grid, it can select a row.
Like clicking a row.
Can I achieve this function by the existing configuration?
Dimiter Madjarov
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Dec 2015
1 answer
126 views

Hello all,

I have the following workflow:

 

A user will be searching for an employee (using an autocomplete). Once the desired employee is selected an output of the employee's information will be displayed (information like name, dates, etc). In addition the employee detail includes a grid with one or more locations.

 

Currently I have a single viewModel with a DataSource that the employee search autocomplete is bound to. Once the employee is selected I had planned to set an additional datasource to contain the detailed employee information and perhaps even a third one for the grid (location) data.

Is this structure appropriate or is there a more preferred method?

 

Thanks for any and all input.

Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Dec 2015
1 answer
374 views

Hi,

Is there any possibility to convert Kendo Menu (ASP.net MVC) to Mega Menu like below.

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/menu/examples/megadropdown/defaultcs.aspx

 

 -thanks

Peter Filipov
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Dec 2015
3 answers
84 views
I have about 80 to 100 columns. I am adding or removing columns by making hidden true or false. I also tried removing and adding column names from/to the columns field. They are all happening but at the cost of at least two seconds. Is there any solution?
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Dec 2015
1 answer
175 views

Hello.

 

I have MVC grid binding to some model. When I click on Edit button, it is open an edit window with some controls. One of them is  grid. Is it possible to put key property from fitst model to DataSource Read method of second grid (I need to load in popup window data with the same property value as in first grid)?

 

Thanks. 

Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Dec 2015
2 answers
267 views

Hi,
if a new item will added to datasource in the grid, then new values of item are not render in define format. (in e.g "date")
Miss i a command on data before or after pushing?
Here is my example code   : http://plnkr.co/edit/WIoAU0ZJOIus4pDblZpb?p=preview

Sergej
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Dec 2015
12 answers
2.9K+ views
How can I disable the ability to drag and drop files from my file system to the upload control while still being able to use async?  I noticed it causes problems when you try to drag multiple files to a upload control that is set to "multiple:false".
Dimiter Madjarov
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Dec 2015
8 answers
477 views
Hi,

I have a datasource which does server sorting on a "date" field, but client side grouping on a "showerId" field. This results in chrome in wrong inner ordering of the grouped data. It works fine in IE, FF, and Safari.

It also works fine if i do the sorting client side. Grouping server side is not an option for me.
I'm using Kendo version 2012.3.1315.

It's probably due to the fact that on line 2277 of kendo.data.js the sorting is not added to the options b/c serverSorting is enabled. However, for the grouped data to be sorted both need to be present on line 1242 where the sort is concatted to the grouping.
sort = normalizeGroup(group || []).concat(normalizeSort(options.sort || [])),
Is there any way you would consider always applying the sort if client side grouping is enabled?

Also, I'm nor sure why this does work in all browsers but Chrome. Maybe has to do with the internal sorting mechanics of the JS engine?

Thanks!
Vladimir Iliev
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Dec 2015
6 answers
394 views
I am working on a dashboard project which uses the tab strip control. I need to add the date and a company logo into the tab strip header, as shown in this screenshot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lphmae0bj98c7nt/screen.PNG

How can I achieve this?
Stefan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Dec 2015
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
Grid
General Discussions
Charts
Data Source
Scheduler
DropDownList
TreeView
MVVM
Editor
Window
DatePicker
Spreadsheet
Upload
ListView (Mobile)
ComboBox
TabStrip
MultiSelect
AutoComplete
ListView
Menu
Templates
Gantt
Validation
TreeList
Diagram
NumericTextBox
Splitter
PanelBar
Drag and Drop
Application
Map
ToolTip
Calendar
PivotGrid
ScrollView (Mobile)
Toolbar
TabStrip (Mobile)
Slider
Button (Mobile)
Filter
SPA
Drawing API
Drawer (Mobile)
Globalization
LinearGauge
Sortable
ModalView
Hierarchical Data Source
Button
FileManager
MaskedTextBox
View
Form
NavBar
Notification
Switch (Mobile)
SplitView
DropDownTree
ListBox
PDFViewer
Sparkline
ActionSheet
TileLayout
PopOver (Mobile)
TreeMap
ButtonGroup
Styling
ColorPicker
Pager
Chat
MultiColumnComboBox
Dialog
DateRangePicker
Checkbox
Timeline
Drawer
DateInput
ProgressBar
MediaPlayer
ImageEditor
TextBox
OrgChart
Accessibility
Effects
Licensing
PivotGridV2
ScrollView
Switch
TextArea
BulletChart
QRCode
ResponsivePanel
Wizard
CheckBoxGroup
Localization
Barcode
Breadcrumb
Collapsible
MultiViewCalendar
Touch
RadioButton
Stepper
Card
ExpansionPanel
Rating
RadioGroup
Badge
Captcha
Heatmap
AppBar
Loader
Security
TaskBoard
Popover
DockManager
TimePicker
FloatingActionButton
CircularGauge
ColorGradient
ColorPalette
DropDownButton
TimeDurationPicker
ToggleButton
BottomNavigation
Ripple
SkeletonContainer
Avatar
Circular ProgressBar
FlatColorPicker
SplitButton
Signature
Chip
ChipList
VS Code Extension
AIPrompt
PropertyGrid
Sankey
Chart Wizard
OTP Input
SpeechToTextButton
InlineAIPrompt
StockChart
ContextMenu
DateTimePicker
RadialGauge
ArcGauge
AICodingAssistant
SmartPasteButton
PromptBox
SegmentedControl
LLM Kit
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?