This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Issues with deployment on Server 2012 R2

3 Answers 115 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Connor
Top achievements
Rank 1
Connor asked on 17 Sep 2015, 01:48 PM
I am trying to deploy an MVC, WebAPI, Intranet site over a server here in office.  This works when I deploy via my local machine, but not when I deploy to this server.  I have made sure my web.config runtime has <loadFromRemoteSources enabled="true"/>.  I'm not sure what is causing this.  Please advise:

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Reporting.Services.WebApi, Version=9.1.15.624, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Reporting.Services.WebApi, Version=9.1.15.624, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Telerik.Reporting.Services.WebApi, Version=9.1.15.624, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
Stack Trace:

[FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Reporting.Services.WebApi, Version=9.1.15.624, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.] DRMSWebSuite.MvcApplication.Application_Start() +0 [HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Reporting.Services.WebApi, Version=9.1.15.624, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.] System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +12584905 System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +175 System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +304 System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +404 System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +475 [HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Reporting.Services.WebApi, Version=9.1.15.624, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.] System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +12601936 System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +159 System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +12441597

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34009 

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 18 Sep 2015, 09:04 AM
Hello Jacob,

Below is quote from my post in your support ticket #971340 on the same question.
"On first place, please upgrade the project to use Telerik Reporting Q2 2015 SP1 v9.1.15.731 due to known issues in the official Q2 2015 v9.1.15.624 release.

Once the project is updated, please verify that all Telerik Reporting assemblies are copied locally in the Bin folder. For the purpose select the references in Visual Studio and set CopyLocal to true in the property grid. Also test to update all Nuget packages through the VS Nuget Packages Manager. The Bin folder must be deployed along with the rest files.
"

If you need further help, please let us continue the discussion in one of both threads in order to keep a better track on the exchanged details and the progress of the issue.
Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Connor
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Sep 2015, 01:59 PM
Hey Stef I just responded to the support ticket.  I wasn't able to make those suggestions work.
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 21 Sep 2015, 01:10 PM
Hello Jacob,

Below is a quote from my post in your support ticket on the same question:
"The provided Web Site does not include any Telerik Reporting assemblies in the Bin folder, and thus assemblies are loaded from the server's GAC. Please test the following:
  1. Uninstall any Telerik Reporting version installed on the server. The application must be deployed only with assemblies in its Bin folder;
  2. In the Web Site add a folder DLLs and copy all third-party assemblies in it.
  3. Clear the references of the Web Site and re-add them by pointing to the DLLs folder.
  4. Deploy the Web Site with the Bin and DLLs folder;

Required assemblies:
  • Telerik.Reporting
  • Telerik.ReportViewer.Mvc
  • Telerik.Reporting.Services.WebApi.dll
"

Please let us continue the discussion in the mentioned support ticket.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Connor
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
Connor
Top achievements
Rank 1