This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Issue with VisualStudio2013 theme and ColumnWidths

2 Answers 58 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Martin
Top achievements
Rank 2
Martin asked on 13 Feb 2018, 03:19 PM

Hi,

I am currently using the RadGridView and using the Office2016 theme, I am trying to switch to VisualStudio2013 theme but have discovered that it does not seem to work with ColumnWidth="*" and more generally when using something such as Width="25*" within a column header within a listbox itemtemplate. I also noticed that when stretching the window out and back the visualstudio2013 theme flickered a lot.

I have made a very simple project which highlights the issue, it uses the latest UI for WPF from the website.

It can be found here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9fp4g4a8bilqv9/TelerikRadGridViewBug.zip?dl=0

Also attached a screenshot showing the program running.

Thanks,
Martin

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Sia
Telerik team
answered on 16 Feb 2018, 03:06 PM
Hello,

Thank you for the detailed explanation and the sample project. It appears that there are two different issues that are hit with it:
1. The problem with the size of all columns when ColumnWidth is set to * in VisualStudio2013 theme. I reproduced the same problem in Windows8Touch as well.
2. The problem with flickering on resize. It is actually  caused by a horizontal scrollbar that appears on resizing and can be observed in all themes. Stacking more than one grid just makes it more visible.

I will log both items and will send you links to them soon as a follow-up. While looking for a workaround of the first issue, I can suggest a workaround only for the second problem and it is to set ScrollViewer.HorizontalScrollBarVisibility="Disabled" if applicable.

Please find your telerik points updated.

Regards,
Sia
Progress Telerik
Want to extend the target reach of your WPF applications, leveraging iOS, Android, and UWP? Try UI for Xamarin, a suite of polished and feature-rich components for the Xamarin framework, which allow you to write beautiful native mobile apps using a single shared C# codebase.
Sia
Telerik team
answered on 16 Feb 2018, 04:50 PM
Hi,

Please find below the public items about the reported issues:
- Flickering of GridView on resize
- Wrong column size in VisualStudio2013 and Windows8Touch themes

Regards,
Sia
Progress Telerik
Want to extend the target reach of your WPF applications, leveraging iOS, Android, and UWP? Try UI for Xamarin, a suite of polished and feature-rich components for the Xamarin framework, which allow you to write beautiful native mobile apps using a single shared C# codebase.
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Martin
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Sia
Telerik team
Share this question
or