This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Issue with BookmarkId in Telerik.Reporting version 11.0.17.406

6 Answers 61 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
bk
Top achievements
Rank 1
bk asked on 18 Apr 2017, 12:30 PM

Hello guys!

I have updated the version of Telerik.Reporting in my project from 10.0.16.204 to 11.0.17.406 and suddenly faced with an issue with BookmarkId. All the BookmarkId which I set for the controls in my reports are simply ignored and new BookmarkId is generated instead since an update has been done.

Let's see an example. Here I set  BookmarkId for html textbox:

and here is the html which is generated:

Could you please help me to figure out what has been changed between the versions and how can I set custom BookmarkId now?

Thanks in advance,

Kostya.

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Katia
Telerik team
answered on 18 Apr 2017, 02:14 PM
Hi Kostya,

The screenshots are missing from your post, please attach them as .gif, .jpg, .jpeg or .png files if possible.

If you set the BookmarkId in report events, check if you modiy the processing HtmlTextBox - Changes on items in report events are not applied.

We also have tested to use the NavigateToBookmark action with the latest version of Reporting and did not encounter any issues. 

Regards,
Katia
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
bk
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Apr 2017, 04:33 PM

Hi Katia,

Sorry for the missed images, I will attach them to this reply.

I am setting BookmarkId through the Design view as it was suggested here http://docs.telerik.com/reporting/designing-reports-interactivity-how-to-define-bookmark.

Best regards,

Kostya.

Accepted
Katia
Telerik team
answered on 20 Apr 2017, 09:25 AM
Hi Kostya,

This change was introduced in R3 2016 release when we had to optimize the generation of bookmarks due to the new Table of Contents feature.

Let us know what is the scenario on your side and why it is required to use the data-bookmark-id attribute so we can suggest a possible solution.

Regards,
Katia
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Accepted
Katia
Telerik team
answered on 24 Apr 2017, 02:39 PM
Hello Kostya,

After discussing this issue further with our development team, we decided to keep the original bookmark id in the rendered HTML. This functionality will be included in our future release, you can check updates in release history.

Regards,
Katia
Telerik by Progress
bk
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Apr 2017, 08:04 AM

Hello Katia,

The data-bookmark-id is used to identify elements inside the report viewer with javascript to add some specific behavior on the front-end. One more issue was found inside one of previously well-worked reports - it was rendered as blank page in case when there was enough width to place all the elements on the page and when at least one of the elements was out of page width - report was rendered correctly. It was decided to make a rollback to the previous stable version which was used in the application to avoid other possible side effects.

Thank you for keeping behavior of BookmarkId. It will be considered if an update of Telerik.Reporting is finally needed.

Best regards,
Kostya

Katia
Telerik team
answered on 27 Apr 2017, 01:21 PM
Hello Kostya,

Thank you for clarifying your scenario. In general, we did not expect the actually rendered data-bookmark-id value to be used as a hook for user code, so we changed this along with the introduction of ToC section, which relies on the same mechanism.
Still we managed to return the original behavior whenever there is a specified BookmarkId. Note that BookmarkId is expected to be declared only along with NavigateToBookmark action.

Regarding the second issue, we would need to check the report's settings to suggest what change is causing this behavior. Most common reasons for the blank pages in the report are covered in Problem: Telerik Reporting renders blank pages KB article.
You can send us the problematic report in a support ticket.

Regards,
Katia
Telerik by Progress
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
bk
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Katia
Telerik team
bk
Top achievements
Rank 1