This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Is it just me or does Q2 2007 radTabStrip not work??

5 Answers 83 Views
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Andrew Bromfield
Top achievements
Rank 2
Andrew Bromfield asked on 21 Sep 2007, 05:18 PM
I believe I stumbled onto a rather large bug with the Q2 version of RadTabStrip. Nothing seems to want to be assigned to the contentPanel even though I set EnableContentPanel = true;

Now the contentPanel shows, but it does not allow you to select the panel, nor add anything to it. It looks like your adding to it, but if you dock say a textbox in the contentPanel it will dock over the tabs (it docks to the entire size of the radTabStrip control). Also when you click a different tab, the content just sits on top of the radTabStrip (so it can be seen despite being on a different tab). In other words, it looks as though what i added to the radTabStrip has is simply added to the form itself and automatically Arrange:Bring to Front so it appears to 'float' on top of my RadTabStrip.

Is it just something new in the process I'm missing? Or is this a legit bug? Anyone else experience this? and most importantly who can help me??

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kiril
Telerik team
answered on 24 Sep 2007, 02:56 PM
Hi Andrew,

Please find the solution to the problem you reported in our reply to your support ticket.

Thank you for your time in reporting this behavior.

Greetings,
Kiril
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
dave
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Sep 2007, 02:02 PM
Hi Kiril,

Can let us know the solution as well? Those controls created under previous version will stay intact while newly created controls in Q2 will float all over the tabs. Please advise.

Best Regards,
Dave

Kiril
Telerik team
answered on 26 Sep 2007, 02:54 PM
Hello Dave,

The fixed version has been uploaded on the site and you can download it from your account. The DLL version is v 4.0.1.

All the best,
Kiril
the Telerik team

Ken
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Oct 2007, 02:48 PM
I am seeing similar behavior with version 4.0.1.0 of the dll, downloaded Monday Oct. 1.  The problem seems to only happen in the design mode in Visual Studio 2005 after I build the project.  The project looks fine when I run it, and if I close VS and re-open the project, the display resets to what I would expect.  Every time I build, the ContentPanels all resize to cover the TabItems.
Thanks in advance,
Ken Zook
Kiril
Telerik team
answered on 02 Oct 2007, 03:38 PM
Hi Ken,

There's been a mistake on our part. We've incorrectly announced that the problem was fixed in the version we released. The problem, as you reproduced it, still exists, and will be fixed in a future release.

Thank you for bringing that to our attention and sorry again for the misunderstanding.

Best wishes,
Kiril
the Telerik team

Tags
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Asked by
Andrew Bromfield
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Kiril