This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

IReportDocument is ambiguous after upgrading to Q3 2012

1 Answer 42 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Nagendra
Top achievements
Rank 1
Nagendra asked on 14 Feb 2013, 11:59 AM
Hi Team,

I have been facing an error as IReportDocument is Ambiguous in namespace 'Telerik.reporting' 

I have removed all my old versions and installed new Telerik reporting Q3 sp1 2012 after this change am getting this error.

Imports System.Collections.Generic
Imports Telerik.Reporting

Partial Class _Default
    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load

Dim reportName As String = Server.UrlDecode(Me.Request.QueryString("ReportName"))

If Not String.IsNullOrEmpty(reportName) Then
            Dim reportType As Type = Type.[GetType](reportName)
            Dim report As IReportDocument = DirectCast(Activator.CreateInstance(reportType), IReportDocument)
            Me.ReportViewer12.Report = report
            Me.Page.Title = reportType.Name

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 14 Feb 2013, 01:30 PM
Hi Nagendra,

We have listed all introduced changes in the release notes and we highly recommend going through them prior upgrading to newer version especially if you skip several versions. You can review the following KB article that elaborates on the changes we have made and what should be changed: How to migrate your project to utilize the new ReportSource objects.

Kind regards,
Steve
the Telerik team

HAPPY WITH REPORTING? Do you feel that it is fantastic? Or easy to use? Or better than Crystal Reports? Tell the world, and help fellow developers! Write a short review about Telerik Reporting and Telerik Report Designer in Visual Studio Gallery today!

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Nagendra
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Share this question
or