This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Installation of Telerik Q1 2010 in Visual Studio 2012

3 Answers 257 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Piotr Kochanowski
Top achievements
Rank 1
Piotr Kochanowski asked on 24 Jun 2015, 08:21 AM

For several projects I need to reuse the old version of Telerik (Q1 2010), and I need to be able to use them in Visual Studio 2012. The installer wants to integrate Telerik solely with VS until 2010. When installing Q1 2010, the VS.2012 designer displays the forms properly, but does not allow to change them/move - nothing. 

I can only add the Telerik controls to the Toolbox by hand - and that's ok, but I still want to be able to use them in the project.

Is there any way to install Telerik older controls to Visual Studio 2012?

Best regards

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Yana
Telerik team
answered on 26 Jun 2015, 12:54 PM
Hello Piotr,

Thank you for contacting us.

Based on the provided details, I would recommend you try to reset the Visual Studio Toolbox as right-clicking at it and select Reset Toolbox option. Please take a look at the attached reset-toolbox.png image.

Could you please reset the Visual Studio Toolbox, try again to include the Telerik UI for WinForms controls into your project and let us know in case the issue with the inability to move the controls still persist?

When it comes to your question about registering the UI for WinForms controls into the Visual Studio 2012 Toolbox, only using the drag-drop approach is possible in your case. In short, the WinForms msi installer with Q1 2010 version has a support only for Visual Studio 2005, 2008 and 2010, but not for Visual Studio 2012 and the controls are not registered there. 

Please let me know in case any further assistance is needed.

Regards,
Yana
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Piotr Kochanowski
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Jun 2015, 03:36 PM

Hi Yana,

Your information is good and works well. Thanks. 

The problem of inability to move controls in the Designer is probably also because of incompatible version of Telerik installation. It somehow connects with my another issue - where can I download RadControls Q1 2010 SP2 (2010.1.10.504)? Can you tell me? Last time I saw it in "Your account" section but now the link to my purchased products disappeared.

Best regards

Piotr

Yana
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jun 2015, 04:05 PM
Hi Piotr,

You could still reach the msi installer of the Telerik products for which you have license from your account in our web site. The steps below will help you to achieve this:

1. Log into our web site
2. Select DevCraft Complete item under the Products & Subscriptions menu
3. Press Download Installer and other resources blue button
4. Select Browse all product files link from the UI for WinForms section
5. Open All product versions link which is located above the Product installation section
6. Click at the desired version and download Automatic Installation (.msi) file

Could you please try to perform the described steps and let us know in case you are not able to download the desired UI for WinForms version for some reason?

I am looking forward to your feedback.

Regards,
Yana
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Piotr Kochanowski
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Yana
Telerik team
Piotr Kochanowski
Top achievements
Rank 1