This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Icons for Office2013

6 Answers 144 Views
RichTextBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Patrick asked on 12 Jun 2015, 09:58 AM

Hello,

when using the RadRichTextBoxRibbonUI tool to create the ribbon, the icons looks in 3D, as in Windows 7.
I'm currently using the Office2013 style and the icons doesn't look the same as the remaining of the application.

Do you have a set of icons that works well with the Office2013 theme?

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tanya
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jun 2015, 10:30 AM
Hi Patrick,

With the RadRichTextBox control we provide only one set of icons and do not have different sets for the themes. Although the possibility for adding such icons is discussed, at this point I am not able to say if or when they might be available.

Hope this information is useful.

Regards,
Tanya
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
answered on 22 Jun 2015, 09:35 AM

Hi Tanya,

I'm currently changing the icons on the ribbons, so they are better with the Office2013 theme.

How can I change the icons on the selection mini toolbar?

Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
answered on 22 Jun 2015, 09:37 AM
Same question for the icons on the context menu...
Petya
Telerik team
answered on 24 Jun 2015, 04:53 PM
Hello Patrick,

The easiest way to customize the context menu is by creating a custom menu builder and overriding the methods that create the group you wish to change. I'm attaching a project demonstrating the approach and I've included the source code that is used internally, so you can change the paths to the images only.

As to the SelectionMiniToolbar, you'll need to modify the template of the control. The attached project demonstrates this as well, take a look at the App.xaml where I've extracted the template.

I hope this is useful.

Regards,
Petya
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
answered on 20 Aug 2015, 12:21 PM

Hello Petya,
sorry for the delay answering your post.

There is a mechanism that can be used to localize the control (and other one), with the Localization Manager. It should not be difficult to do the same thing for the icons: we provide a class that returns the icons for each command, at each needed size. If no icon is returned (new command, for example), you use the Telerik standard icon.

With this solution, there is no need to customize the menu and the toolbar. Something that we must repeat each time a new version of the control is available...

Petya
Telerik team
answered on 24 Aug 2015, 11:13 AM
Hi Patrick,

Thank you for your feedback, I completely understand your point.

With the current version of Telerik UI for WPF, we provide the IconResource markup extension that allows you to switch icons at runtime based on predefined paths. You can take a look at this article for more information and the respective SDK example to see how it works.

Additionally, we're currently in the process of creating a set of flat icons that can be used with RadRichTextBox and its UI and will provide a consistent look for the Office2013 theme. They should be out with the next official Q3 2015 release and will utilize the IconsSources extension as well.

I hope this will suit your needs.

Regards,
Petya
Telerik
Tags
RichTextBox
Asked by
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Answers by
Tanya
Telerik team