Top achievements
Rank 1
Payal asked on 25 Aug 2021, 11:55 AM | edited on 25 Aug 2021, 12:36 PM

I want to upgrade version of following telerik assemblies -

1. Telerik.Reporting.dll 

2. Telerik.Reporting.OpenXmlRendering.dll  

3.Telerik.Reporting.XpsRendering.dll  

4.Telerik.ReportViewer.Html5.WebForms.dll

I have removed these 4 existing dlls and replaced them with upgraded version files and  added references. Previously in my project Telerik.ReportViewer.Html5.WebForms.dll  was not exist  and  Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.dll was there, so I have removed Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.dll and   I have  added  Telerik.ReportViewer.Html5.WebForms.dll. 

Its giving errors on multiple files. 

Anyone can help me ? 

Kind regards, 

Payal

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Todor
Telerik team
answered on 30 Aug 2021, 08:05 AM

Hello Payal,

Generally, we recommend using the Upgrade Wizard when you switch to a newer Reporting version. The reason is that the upgrade process may require modifications of schema, external assembly references, namespaces, etc. Most of these are done automatically by the wizard. If you prefer to upgrade manually, please, check the article section Upgrading Projects Manually.

Let me clarify that the assembly Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.dll holds the implementation of the legacy ASP.NET Web Forms Report Viewer. The Telerik.ReportViewer.Html5.WebForms.dll is needed for the Html5 Web Forms Report Viewer that is a wrapper of the pure Html5 Report Viewer for the Web Forms framework. That said, the two assemblies are not interchangeable.

From the provided information, I infer that your project uses the legacy viewer, hence, you need the Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.dll.

I also strongly recommend migrating to the newer Html5 viewer - Migrate to the HTML5 Viewer from the old ASP.NET WebForms ReportViewer control. The legacy viewer is not developed anymore and we distribute it with the new versions for backward compatibility only.

Regards,
Todor
Progress Telerik

Brand new Telerik Reporting course in Virtual Classroom - the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products. Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.
Payal
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 31 Aug 2021, 04:55 AM | edited

Hello Team,

As per suggetions,I have added Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.dll  as well as Telerik.ReportViewer.Html5.WebForms.dll and all error are cleared Thank You!!

But, After executing project I am getting exception =

System.Web.HttpException: 'Session state can only be used when enableSessionState is set to true, either in a configuration file or in the Page directive. Please also make sure that System.Web.SessionStateModule or a custom session state module is included in the <configuration>\<system.web>\<httpModules> section in the application configuration.

I am getting this exception only on those pages where report in being used.

I have done some changes in web,config. (in <assemblies> and <controls>)

<assemblies>

<add assembly="Telerik.ReportViewer.Html5.WebForms"/>

<add assembly="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms"/>

</assemblies>

<controls>
<add tagPrefix="telerik" namespace="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms" assembly="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms"/>
<add tagPrefix="telerik"  namespace="Telerik.ReportViewer.Html5.WebForms"assembly="Telerik.ReportViewer.Html5.WebForms"/>

</controls>

for "telerik.ReporViewer.webforms " in web.config changes were there already, I have added same for "telerik.reportviewer.htmls.webforms" Are this changes required in web.config or not ? if not where exactly I am missing ,

and please help with the exception.

Thanks a lot for your help and time,

Payal

Todor
Telerik team
commented on 02 Sep 2021, 10:18 AM

If you use only the legacy Web Forms Report Viewer, you don't need any references to the Telerik.ReportViewer.Html5.WebForms assembly.

Please, note that the legacy WebForms Report Viewer uses the ASP.NET session state to preserve the report instance that is displayed, between page postbacks and different viewer operations. That said, the session state cannot be disabled. The Session should be enabled at all times It can be configured to run in different modes though - see Design Considerations for Out-proc Session State.

You may check also the Stackoverflow thread

and our articles:

Payal
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 15 Feb 2022, 02:48 PM | edited

Hi Team ,

After updating version of Telerik assemblies, Itemdatabound event[I have attached one screenshot for reference (its written in .vb file)]  is getting called while creating report as well while printing report. but I don't want it to get called while I am printing report. Is there any way that I can set autopostback(in telerik report) to false in telerik report ? Or any other solution will be appreciated to call Itemdatabound event only while creating report and not while printing.

Anyone can help me ? 

Kind regards, 

Payal

Todor
Telerik team
commented on 18 Feb 2022, 08:55 AM

Generally, the ItemDataBound event handler will be called when processing the report, hence in all report renderings, including print that is actually rendering in IMAGEPrint format - see Export Formats.

As a workaround, you may include specific logic in the event handler for this rendering format. The format is available in the report definition as the Global Object RenderingFormat.

Tags
.NET Framework Report Viewer - HTML5 WebForms
Asked by
Payal
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Todor
Telerik team
Share this question
or