This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

How do I render an OSM file in RadMap 2014 Q2?

1 Answer 161 Views
Map
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Scott
Top achievements
Rank 1
Scott asked on 27 Sep 2014, 12:18 AM
I'm building a prototype of an application that will utilize offline data from OpenStreetMap.org. So far, I spun up a new WPF project and threw together a quick RadMap using the OSM data provider. The application works but now I want implement a local data source. I downloaded a small dataset from the OSM website. The data is an OSM file and contains XML.

How do I use this file with the RadMap control? I'm new to the RadMap control but have worked with .NET / XML / GIS for years.

Thanks!

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Pavel R. Pavlov
Telerik team
answered on 29 Sep 2014, 07:21 AM
Hi Scott,

To host the tiles on your local server, you will need to create a custom provider. You can find more information in this article. For your convenience a sample implementation of a custom provider is demonstrated in the attached project. Note that you will need to change the URI that is used in the OSMCustomSource class.

I hope this information will get you started.

Regards,
Pavel R. Pavlov
Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.

Tags
Map
Asked by
Scott
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Pavel R. Pavlov
Telerik team
Share this question
or