This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

How do I populate the data needed for a PDF417 Barcode?

2 Answers 83 Views
Report Designer (standalone)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Anthony
Top achievements
Rank 1
Anthony asked on 27 Sep 2016, 07:04 PM

I've been tasked with creating a requisition form for lab orders that are sent to a third party. Using the Stand-alone Report Designer, the form itself I had no trouble with creating, but the third party has specified criteria that must be met on this form. The main item is a required PDF417 barcode. I cannot figure out the syntax required to build this barcode. I'm completely guessing at every step since there doesn't appear to be any documentation on this.
I have a blank report with the PDF417 Barcode Report Item added.

The Third Party requires the barcode have a structure like the following:
H||||^^||
P|||||||||^^|||||||||||^^|||||||||^^|||||||^|||||||||^|||||||||^^^^^^^^^^^^^^|^^^^^^^|||||||||||||||||^^|^^|^^|^^||||^||||||^^|^^^^|||^||
C|||||||||||||||||||^||||||||
A|||||||||||||||||||||^^|^|^||||||^^|^^^^^|||
M||||||
T|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
S|^^^^^^|
D|||
L||
E||

Between the Pipe or Caret characters I'll need to populate my fixed values or data fields like the following 'P' segment:
P|Fields.P1_PtChartno||||||Fields.P7_Account_clientNo|Fields.P8_RequisitionNo|Fields.P9_PtNameLast^Fields.P9_PtNameFirst^Fields.P9_PtNameMiddle|Fields.P10_PtDOB

So in the Expression I put in this.
='P|'Fields.P1_PtChartno   + '||||||' + Fields.P7_Account_clientNo + '|' + Fields.P8_RequisitionNo + '|' + Fields.P9_PtNameLast + '^' + Fields.P9_PtNameFirst + '^' + Fields.P9_PtNameMiddle + '|' + Fields.P10_PtDOB

This didn't work, but it didn't error. Just no results when scanned. I found a post on the forum stating that if any field returns a NULL nothing will be displayed. So, I tried the suggested fix.
='P|'+isnull(fields.p1_ptchartno,"")+'||||||'+isnull(fields.p7_account_clientno,"")+'|'+isnull(fields.p57_externalsystemaccessionno,"")+'|'+isnull(fields.p9_ptnamelast,"")+'^'+isnull(fields.p9_ptnamefirst,"")+'^'+isnull(fields.p9_ptnamemiddle,"")+'|'+isnull(fields.p10_ptdob,"")+'|'

Progress! Although not entirely correct data, I got results:
P|44555|||||||JBF|JONES^JOHNNY^|CAAAAIAE|

Issue here is the value ‘JBF’ should be ‘915’ and ‘CAAAAIAE’ should ‘20000804’

If I add another segment the issue shifts fields:
='H|EDIFECS|'+ IsNull(Fields.H2_reqdate,"")+'|'+IsNull(Fields.H3_ediident,"")+'|^^||'
+'P|'+isnull(fields.p1_ptchartno,"")+'||||||'+isnull(fields.p7_account_clientno,"")+'|'+isnull(fields.p57_externalsystemaccessionno,"")+'|'+isnull(fields.p9_ptnamelast,"")+'^'+isnull(fields.p9_ptnamefirst,"")+'^'+isnull(fields.p9_ptnamemiddle,"")+'|'+isnull(fields.p10_ptdobconvert,"")+'|'

Returns,
H|EDIFECS|20160927|e|^^||
#|EEFFF|||||||915|9:,4$Y9:7,,^Y|20000804|
P returns as #, 44555 as EEFFF, and JONES^JOHNNY^ as 9:,4$Y9:7,,^Y

I know I’m doing it wrong, but I can’t find the correct way to format the expression.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nasko
Telerik team
answered on 28 Sep 2016, 02:01 PM
Hello Anthony,

The issue seems to be specific to the structure required by the third party. We provided a reply in the support thread that you opened on the same topic. Let us continue the discussion there.

Regards,
Nasko
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Anthony
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Sep 2016, 02:40 PM

Thank you, Nasko. 

I tested this by replacing the Pipe delimiters with Colons and the data was rendered correctly. Unfortunately, I cannot complete this project until I can use Pipes as delimiters. Thanks again for your assistance.

Tags
Report Designer (standalone)
Asked by
Anthony
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nasko
Telerik team
Anthony
Top achievements
Rank 1