The issue is really annoying and I increased its priority because it blocks the xaml writing. Can you tell us if it is reproducible with each ribbon control or only clicking on RadRibbonDropDownButton/SplitButton brings the design view into full screen?
In the meantime I could suggest the following:
- if you are not using the design view at all, you can disabled it. E.g.for Visual Studio 2015 you can unchecked the following: Tools->Options->XAML Designer\Enable XAML Designer;
- another approach is to delete the files in design folder: ...Program Files (x86)\Telerik\UI for WPF R1 2017\Binaries\WPF40\design. If you try this you need also to clear the shadow cache of Visual Studio. In order to achieve this you should do the following:
1) Close all visual studio instances.
2) Go to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\<visual_studio_version,for_example_12.0>\Designer\ShadowCache and delete the folders there - this is the cache of VisualStudio's designer;
- or you can open the xaml and design in split view as you can see from the attached picture - so the popup will be open but you can continue to write in xaml view;
Please let me know if this helped.
Telerik by Progress
Want to extend the target reach of your WPF applications, leveraging iOS, Android, and UWP? Try UI for Xamarin
, a suite of polished and feature-rich components for the Xamarin framework, which allow you to write beautiful native mobile apps using a single shared C# codebase.