This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Hide Tabs

3 Answers 241 Views
TabControl
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
lkeel
Top achievements
Rank 1
lkeel asked on 16 Jun 2010, 12:09 AM
Is there some way to hide the tab headers from visibility?  In Windows Forms I use the following line of code and it works fine, but i am not clear on how to do this with the WPF tabcontrol.
radTabStrip1.TabStripElement.TabLayout.Visibility = Telerik.WinControls.ElementVisibility.Collapsed; 

Thanks in advance,
Lee

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Miro Miroslavov
Telerik team
answered on 17 Jun 2010, 02:29 PM
Hello lkeel,

We don't support this feature out-of-the box. Although you can do it with a little bad code.

var x = t.ChildrenOfType<FrameworkElement>().First(ch => ch.Name == "HeaderDockedElement");
x.Visibility = Visibility.Collapsed;

Also if you need this feature for your projects, we can add request for it?
Thank you.

Sincerely yours,
Miro Miroslavov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
lkeel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Jun 2010, 05:42 PM
This would be a very useful feature especially when trying to build a WPF wizard.

In you example, what is the variable t?  I have tried the window, tab control, and tab item, but none of them have the ChildrenOfType method.
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jun 2010, 06:18 AM
Hi lkeel,

ChildrenOfType is extension method part of Telerik.Windows.Controls namespace. You need to add using for this namespace. 

All the best,
Vlad
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
TabControl
Asked by
lkeel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Miro Miroslavov
Telerik team
lkeel
Top achievements
Rank 1