This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Hidden columns?

3 Answers 60 Views
Spreadsheet
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
Andrew asked on 05 Dec 2014, 07:30 PM
I'm trying to hide a column that has values in it, but the text still renders in the control.  I don't see a property on the columns that would allow for hiding other than resizing it to 0 like this:

column.ClearWidth();
column.SetWidth(new ColumnWidth(width, true));

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Anna
Telerik team
answered on 08 Dec 2014, 10:55 AM
Hello,

At the moment hiding rows and columns is a functionality which is not supported by RadSpreadsheet. Implementing it is, however, in our immediate plans. There is an item in our Feedback Portal which you can like and follow in order to receive updates on the matter.

Regards,
Anna
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Nov 2016, 09:14 AM
[quote]Andrew said:I'm trying to hide a column that has values in it, but the text still renders in the control.  I don't see a property on the columns that would allow for hiding other than resizing it to 0 like this:

column.ClearWidth();
column.SetWidth(new ColumnWidth(width, true));

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

[/quote]
Tanya
Telerik team
answered on 09 Nov 2016, 04:49 PM
Hi,

The functionality is still not supported and I am afraid that I am unable to suggest you an approach different than the one described by Andrew.

Regards,
Tanya
Telerik by Progress
Do you need help with upgrading your AJAX, WPF or WinForms project? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Tags
Spreadsheet
Asked by
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Anna
Telerik team
Top achievements
Rank 1
Tanya